2012 Courses

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I've finally got the 2012 course list up on my website, just intime for Christmas :christmas1:

Some of the dates are liable to shift slightly in the spring when the show organisors finally get their dates sorted :rolleyes: But here is what I have planned for the coming year:

Feb 11th-12th Leather sheathes and pouch making

Feb 25th-26th Basic sharpening and axe use

March 17th-19th 3-day Knifemaking

April 14th-16th Bow and arrow making

May 26th-29th Knifemaking (2 or 3 day option)

June 9th-10th Axe making

July 7th Sharpening for Bookbinders

September 3rd-7th Combinded Axe and Knife making

October 6th-7th Blacksmithing basics

October 20th-21st Bow and arrow making

November 24th-25th Basic and further sharpening

I have more details and pretty pictures from previous courses up on my website here.

If anybody has an idea for a course that they think I should be running, then please let me know! Also, if one of the courses I have is on the wrong date for you, then I can put the course on at a different time if you can get your own group together :)

thanks for looking folks

dave

furryface

Jul 8, 2011
cornwalll
hi dave, just checked out the courses and am very interested in the bow making and possibly the arrow making course, just have to get the allclear fro the ayiatola (think thats how you spell it!!). i was booked in for the winter skills course but it was cancelled due to lack of numbers so am going to try and get the time allowance later in the year.forgive my ignorance but is there the oppotunity of staying over night there?

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i have to say dave that your prices are very fair, and its nice to see someone not taking advantage.
maybe one day i can make one of these courses, i would love to make an axe, but i would really love to make a special tool that i have been designing to cut leather.
take care
lee.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE