18th Century Historical Trekking & Wilderness Living. A Video Series.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Have only watched a couple of his vids so far. I assume he uses the musket at some point? It's just that despite the sound quality on the video he's the second noisiest hunter I've heard for moving through the undergrowth. I'm amazed he ever sees anything. Nice comfortable feel to the vids though. Cheers for posting up.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Have only watched a couple of his vids so far. I assume he uses the musket at some point? It's just that despite the sound quality on the video he's the second noisiest hunter I've heard for moving through the undergrowth. I'm amazed he ever sees anything. Nice comfortable feel to the vids though. Cheers for posting up.

True hunters rarely "move through the undergrowth." We usually find a spot to wait for the deer or other game to come to us.

You are not only ignorant of Australian forests, but you are also very rude. If I wanted to be really quiet I would have to travel very slowly, too slow to get anywhere with this video. This is not a hunting video, read the description.
Australian forests drop sticks & leaves. I was born in West Sussex, I know what an English forest is like. Don't worry, I will not be posting on this forum again.
Sincerely, Keith H. Burgess.

True hunters rarely "move through the undergrowth." We usually find a spot to wait for the deer or other game to come to us.

Sir, you would not know a true hunter if you met one. You have no idea what you are talking about. I do not live in America, I live in Australia. I was a professional hunter in the Territory for many years before moving to New England.
Sorry if this sounds rude, but it is no ruder than your reply inferring that I am NOT a true hunter. I have lived by the hunt for over 30 years, no game, no meat on the table.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
You are not only ignorant of Australian forests, but you are also very rude. If I wanted to be really quiet I would have to travel very slowly, too slow to get anywhere with this video. This is not a hunting video, read the description.
Australian forests drop sticks & leaves. I was born in West Sussex, I know what an English forest is like. Don't worry, I will not be posting on this forum again.

Sorry if you took offence Mr. Burgess (it's always to easy to do it by typing quickly on a forum), I missunderstood what the video's were about as a series. As said I did find them interesting but with the volume turned up all I could hear was undergrowth rustling. I understand that Austrailian woods may be drier and noisier but even in the summer here in Scotland (not England) I learned to move quietly even at a normal pace.
Santaman, While I'll sometimes use blinds and high seats we have a tradition of stalking over here. Which is why British ghillies were used extensively during WWI as snipers. We don't just stalk on the open hill, we'll also stalk through the woods. So I suppose the fact that is was my job to work in the woods and shoot too has made me (possibly wrongly) critical of folk tromping through the woods.
Mr. Burgess, I'll watch the rest of your vids if that's OK with you as as said they were interesting. Sorry for offence that was meant fairly lighthearted. I do find the sound quality difficult to balance as to hear you speak I have to turn up the sound and the background is noisy. Could be my speakers / could be your microphone. By the way the noisiest hunter I ever met was a fellow Scot and sounded like an elephant jogging on bubblewrap.

Best wishes to you both,
GB.

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
Sir, you would not know a true hunter if you met one. You have no idea what you are talking about. I do not live in America, I live in Australia. I was a professional hunter in the Territory for many years before moving to New England.
Sorry if this sounds rude, but it is no ruder than your reply inferring that I am NOT a true hunter. I have lived by the hunt for over 30 years, no game, no meat on the table.

Don't leave the forum Keith! I enjoyed your film, but I enjoyed this response even more! I'm sure the guys who posted meant no rudeness or disrespect. Keep the posts coming...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE