10cm Zebra Billy Hobo Stove Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
As a result of my recent obsession with kit perfection (definitely the fault of all the ideas I get from this place!), I have a couple of hobo stoves for sale to raise funds for the next project!

The legendary 10cm Zebra Billy can needs no introduction. I've used this a few times over an open fire. There is no damage at all, some leftover sooting where it's hard to clean and a slight discolouration of the inner bowl from a bannock that burned.

This fits snugly inside the matching s/s hobo stove without rattle. When cooking, the pot sits on a steel grill which snaps into place in the top of the stove and could be used for grilling. This fits over the billy when it is stowed. The stove hasn't been used.

A cut-down aluminium pot handle is included which can be used for both billy and inner pan.

Asking price £25 including postage.
2334083377_55188de118.jpg

2334910876_d4d5ea2937.jpg

I also have another version of the same stove (minus the billy) with a finer mesh pan support, also unused and not quite as well made.:eek: This is £8 including postage. (to charity this one, PM for donation details)

2334083715_329a9d7491.jpg

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
Pressie for a burgeoning bushcrafter mate and his son- exactly what I'd been looking for, hence biting-off of arm.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
The design is pinched from Wayland's seminal post some time ago.

You just need to find a s/s kitchen container of the right size and cut it up. I used an angle grinder and a drill press. The rack is taken from a roasting dish and cut/bent to fit.
There's nothing to it really.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nice though shep - you should make a few more - there would be a good market here I think for the more "constructionally challenged" amongst us!

Red

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Finding decent grill material (cheap enough) is the hardest part of making these. Those might be a good idea.

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
Here is the proud and happy recipient of the Hobo stove. He received a ferrocium rod from his brother and I gave him some cramp balls, a book by RM, SAK and the stove. We soon had a little fire going and heated our lunch on the stove. The grin never left his face, even when his lips were blue (it was chilly and snowed on and off!)

2008MarchArchiebirthday003.jpg

2008MarchArchiebirthday008.jpg

All in all, a very satisfactory birthday present! Thanks, Shep!:D

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I have 2 spare tins 13cm dia stainless steel. I stripped one down and drilled 2 holes ready for a bail handle and added a wooden knob (unfinished project) plus one untouched.

100_0124.jpg

any good

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE