£41 pencil???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
N

Nigel Harper

that is mad! i like ray mears but i wouldnt pay that for a pencil!

daveymonkey

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2005
so to give everyone a chance on here first before putting it on ebay i have a postage stamp first class which came from a package from woodlore and may have been licked by ray mears what am i bid? :D

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
That's really shallow. What next; hordes of screaming girls following Ray out into the bush? 500 quid for his worn out hiking boots?

I admire the guy for what he does and I'd love to spend time learning from him but buying a signed pencil box in an auction is meaningless. On the other hand I guess I might be chuffed if he gave me one but then again maybe I wouldn't care. I might even sell it in an auction. :D

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I see the winning bidder at the moment has also bought a bushcraft book and bushcraft knife (£113). He/she is also into role play and gaming going by their previous purchases. It's amazing what you can learn about ebayers from their feedback.

Eric

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
It is amazing isn't it, the so-called Cult of Celebrity.
I sometimes amuse myself with people who don't know much about this sort of thing by showing them my beaten up Mora.

Me: "Well, this knife has seen me through thick and thin. Ray Mears gave it to me, y'know..."
Them: "Oooh! Really?" etc.

What I don't tell them, of course, is that he was handing them out like candy from a big box at the start of the prim tech course and it's worth little more than a fiver... ;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thought it might be easier just to merge the threads.

I know Ray's an excellent teacher, etc., but this auction is just a bit ridiculous :confused:

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE