wool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
  1. S

Yak 'wool' beanies and such? Where do you find them? Or ...

I have tried Alpaca and Cashmere socks and similar accessories off and on through the years with mixed results. Generally, I ended up settling on good quality "no itch" sheep wool with Icebreaker being a favorite brand for things like longjohns and vests. I am interested in Yak wool/"down"...
  2. kard133

Reasonably priced wool fabric

Just ordered some of this, www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182239609098 thought I would share it with those whom may be interested, it is described as a Melton 100% Wool fabric, 600gsm with a width of 170cm, made in Yorkshire. Caveat Emptor: I have no affiliation with the seller, and have not yet received...
  3. Tagaeri

PRICE DROP: Fjallraven Shirt No. 35 - lovely wool shirt

I'm selling my lovely wool Fjallraven Shirt No. 35. This is a really comfortable, warm flannel shirt in a high-quality 60% wool blend. There are two large breast pockets and a clever button so you can fasten the collar up around your neck when the wind picks up. Fjallraven describes it...
  4. Tagaeri

Wool things for sale! Shirts, gilet, beanie and jacket...

I’ve just moved house and need to move on a few of the wool things I’ve accumulated over the last year or so. All items are in great condition, and have been washed with Mitchell's Woolly Wash to replace any lost lanolin in the wool. Everything is priced low for a quick sale (there...
  5. Tagaeri

PRICE DROPS: Wool shirts: Pendletons, Dockers, L.L. Bean, Adidas Originals...

All shirts now dropped by an extra £5!!!! Having a bit of a clear out, and it's time to move on some of the wool shirts I've accumulated over the years! All these shirts are in excellent condition (the photos don't do them justice) - most would look just as good in the pub as in the woods...
  6. Tagaeri

Price drop: Amazing never worn Endicotts wool Forest Shirt and wool Forest Sm...

OK Bushcrafters, a treat for you here... I'm selling my never worn custom made wool tops from the well-known Endicotts in Exeter. SOLD First up is a green lightweight wool Forest Shirt (aka Universal-FS) in size 1/medium. Pit-to-pit 24", pit-to-cuff 22.5", collar-to-hem 30.5". Some photos and...
  7. M

Endicotts Hub Alpa

Has anyone had one of these, I am going in next week to have a look at it and the others they do. Any other information would be great. http://www.endicotts.co.uk/component/virtuemart/wool-division/3-forest-smock-wool-medium-weight-aka-hub-alpha-fs-earthly-browns-detail?Itemid=0
  8. kard133

Army Wool Wristlets £3 delivered

Came across these on Ebay, seller accepted my offer of £3. Usual caveats apply, no connection with the seller, no previous purchases so no guarantees. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400319671595?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
  9. Vulpes

Filson Mackinaw Cruiser Jacket

I have for sale a Filson Mackinaw cruiser in near mint condition, with very minimal wear. It's had very light use. It's of the single layer, in a size Medium-Regular. Pit-to-pit it measures 22". Overall the cut is quite slim fitting and it works just as well as a casual jacket as it does a...
  10. Elen Sentier

machine wash "pure" Merino wool ???

Found this on Bison Bushcraft (nice site) ... Merino Wool Buff 100% Machine washable natural merino wool. This excellent piece of kit can be used as a scarf, beanie hat, balaclava, bandage, hand warmer, water filter…… The options go on forever...
  11. Vulpes

Filson's #110 Mackinaw Cruiser

For Swap or Sale! Filson Mack in Medium, Regular length. Used twice and in near mint condition! Looking to swap for something of a similar value: Other pics in the for sale thread: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82871 At the moment I'm looking for: -...
  12. Totumpole

Merino/Polyester Blend

I was looking in some charity shops today and came across a merino/polyester (50:50) blend jumper for £4.50. It was quite thin, lightweight, felt nice and soft and didnt look too bad either, but has anyone had much experience with such a blend? Do you still get the good wool properties like...
  13. O

diy blanket jacket/smock

I have made loads of things over the years and fancy making a blanket smock. Does anyone have any experience of, or suggestions about, creating a much thicker material to work with by giving a perfectly good wool blanket a seriously hot wash? Would it work or just ruin the material? I seem to...
  14. H

Wool Blanket Anorak Extravaganza

Sources, more or less in order:Rick Marchand's anoraks (pattern) edispilf27's anorak (pattern) edispilf27's second anorak Canoeguy's anorak Tycho's anorak MikeS' anorak Topknot's blanket coat Kevin's (ECW) hooded wool blanket shirt Sgt. Mac's anorak Sgt. Mac's wool shirt The "Mastino"...
  15. edispilff

woolly pully ver. 2

Hello all... After making the first anorak, it seemed prudent to make a few improvements and fine tune everything. Hopefully this won't go past ver. 10 ;) Materials included one of those super smelly italian surplus blankies, chicago screws, gutterman HD silk thread (130 yds+!)...
  16. edispilff

Anorak wind/water proof wool

Hey everyone.. long time gone. Hope everyone is happy now that winter is here. Posted a thread over at another forum, and thought this might be of interest to some of the folks here: This took me quite a while to get all the material combinations right, but it turned out spot on for those...