wild

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
  1. M

Learning the ways of UK Bushcraft

Please forgive me for any misunderstandings and silly questions. I am autistic and trying to learn as much as I can to prepare for myself for my trip. I am learning survival skills for wild rural camping in a weekly basis with professional training. I want to come to Scotland as a visitor to...
  2. I

Kent meet ups

hi does anyone know of any Kent based meet ups or knowledge of the area?
  3. B

Scouts wild camp

Hello everybody so i am a Scout (soon to be explorer) and next weekend i will be doing my first wild camp... but with no tents just tarps and shelter. i already know how to make a double lean to with fire reflector and raised beds and walls but i don't know what to take on this camp. We will...
  4. Z

2015 Maxpedition Sabercat Wild Camping Loadout

Hi all, It's been a while since I've been on here but thought I'd start the new year with an updated kit list for 2015. At first glance this looks like a heavyweight kit but when you pair everything down it actually comes out around light-medium weight. I'll be going to Glen Quoich near...
  5. Z

Looking for Glasgow-based Wild Campers

Hi all, I currently go on the odd wild camping overnighter with a mate but unfortunately we always end up going only once or twice a year due to work restraints; just not often enough I reckon. I've been to Glenashdale and Loch Garbad on the Isle of Arran twice and a few local stays to...
  6. spader

Paraffin Lamp advice / recommendations please

Hi All I will be putting the Wildo Stove in my wooden shed soon. I have ordered a silicon flashing kit for the flue. Waiting for the parts to arrive. Now next thing I need is lamp, as there is no electricity coming into the shed yet, I am planning to use paraffin lamps until the power is...
  7. sandsnakes

plant your own wildlife butterfly garden

A very good article on in the online Ecologist about planting areas of your garden to attract butterflies and dragonflies. You dont need to turn the entire place into a wildeness, so the the weed killer sprays next door won't complain! From birds to dragonflies and butterflies to bees...
  8. Extreme Pilgrim

France: The best wild camping locations

Can anybody give locations that they would rate as the best wild camping in France? If possible, can you provide lat/log ref's so that a Google Earth database can be established. Many thanks. :thankyou:
  9. A

Wild camping, or locations near Bournemouth/South West

Following the recent BCUK Arctic trip, I'm rather keen to try out some of my new skills, whilst honing existing ones. To this end I'm looking for a place to legally camp in/around Bournemouth or anywhere in the South West. Does anyone know of any landowners (or websites which collate such...