waterproof

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
  1. D

Another bushcraft jacket thread

Hello! I know this has been done to death but I'm really struggling choosing a jacket. I'm looking for something for bumming about the woods, nothing too technical or expensive. Main criteria then: 1.)Budget, under £200, preferably new. 2.)Robust with regards to bushes and fire...
  2. G

Backpack rain cover recommendations wanted

Hi folks, I'm after a rain cover for my backpack, and am frustrated by the lack of info on the various websites, as they don't show how they attache to the pack, so hoping those that own them can help. I have a "Mil-Tec Patrol MOLLE Assault Pack Tactical Rucksack 20L" with quite a few pouches...
  3. Didgeridoohan

The Frame Backpack Project (Pic heavy)

For a while I was looking to get a new backpack. Unfortunately I never found one that fit my wants and needs and if I did it was to expensive. Luckily I love making things myself, so I set about creating my own pack. When I started this project I had a few base specifications I wanted...
  4. S

Genuine US Airforce Issue Goretex Jacket, Size XL Reg, New

For sale: Genuine USAF ABU Pattern Goretex Waterproof Jacket Size Extra Large - Regular. Brand New with tag. Selling due to being too large for me. £68.00 through paypal, includes RM signed for postage I can add a photo of the actual jacket if required. Any questions? please PM me...
  5. unijaw

A good bushcraft/hiking hat!?

Hey folks so I'm looking to purchase a decent hat, I found a promising one here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003YTDN9Y/ref=s9_simh_gw_p193_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1FPC6PXRVME05JASZ6EE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=358549767&pf_rd_i=468294 but I don't really know enough...
  6. theoctagon

DPM Waterproof Trousers

Used DPM waterproof over trousers, looking for £13.50 inc fees and postage (UK mainland) These are in good condition as they've only been used a handful of times, they're too big for me which is why i'm selling From the label: Over Trousers, DPM, MVP NATO Stock No. 8415-99-869-2228...
  7. Vulpes

SWEDTEAM - any fans or opinions?

I'm looking for a new budget stalking/do-it-all jacket. Looking at the SWEDTEAM Granasen. Has anyone had any experiences with SWEDTEAM? Any opinions or thoughts as to waterproofing, breath-ability and longevity? Any other recommendations on budget Goretex clones? Seeland and Laksen have also...
  8. hemdale

Need to waterproof a new tent ?

Hi guys, Just wondered if the waterproofing treatment on a tent was definitely ok or if it was a bit too superficial ? I don't doubt that Hilleberg tents are incredibly waterproof but I know that (sometimes) factory waterproofing treatments can be a bit "weak". I just wanted to have your...
  9. widu13

BNIB Baffin Evolution Epic boots US12 (UK 10.5/11) with liners

NO LONGER AVAILABLE, SOLD ELSEWHERE I have a pair of these brand new and boxed. I brought them for an Arctic Exped but got the wrong size. These are US size 12, so UK 10/11 and are MEDIUM width fitting. I normally take a UK10 wide fitting and these are too narrow. (They aren't seconds). They...
  10. Wallenstein

Good value battery repair for Seiko (incl. waterproofing)?

Hello chaps, I need to replace the battery in my Seiko but I'd like to ensure it stays waterproof. Timpson's have offered to do it for £15 whereas everyone else is charging £50 plus sending it away, so will avoid them I think! Does anyone know of a reliable and reputable watch repair service...
  11. Totumpole

Craghoppers Cargo Expedition Trousers

Sold Pending Funds A pair of Craghoppers Cargo Expedition Waterproof Trekking Trousers in Walrus (its a kind of green) Mint condition with tags, only ever tried them on (and found they are not long enough for me at 6ft2) 36" waist (slightly elasticated) Inside leg length is about 27" (as...
  12. OwenoWent

Waterproofing Leather Hat

My old Argentinian leather goucho hat isn't repelling water like it used to. It holds it off for a bit before it eventually soaks into the leather leaving a mark - until it thoroughly dries out. I've bought some Nikwax Waterproofing Wax Cream after looking through this forum. Can't find any...
  13. D

Would a Ripstop nylon poncho be 100 per cent waterproof?

I've seen a lightweight poncho that claims to be 100 per cent waterproof US military issue on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?ie=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=sports&field-keywords=Military%201st Lots of camo styles and has poppers and is a good size for an emergency tarp. It's also a good...
  14. jimjolli

For Sale: Ray Mears Swazi Tahr, Large

Hello, I recently bought a Ray Mears Swazi Tahr in Large from this thread on BB: http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?99872-RM-Swazi-Tahr-Size-L-Great-Condition&highlight=swazi+tahr It is great, and in mint condition, but it just doesn't suit me so I'm selling it on. I...