tracking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
  1. Hudson

Forest Hunter Course Review (Frontier Bushcraft)

It took me a long time to get round to writing this review, but now that I’m booked on for another course with Frontier Bushcraft (Expedition Canoeing Skills) , I feel that this is somewhat overdue... The Forest Hunter Course with Frontier Bushcraft was a fantastic experience and something I...
  2. coastal survival

Scotland 2014 - Coastal Hunter Gatherer Course - Photo album.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.888513831165995.1073741837.100000221585627&type=1&l=168c0c8c54
  3. L

Mammal tracks and signs - day out 29.03.2014

I organised a day out for animal tracking. Starting off in a deer park to demonstrate tracks and sign in an easy environment then moving on to the woods with new found skills. Burleigh House Stamford, Peterborough. Built by Sir William Cecil in the 16th Century. Fantastic inside and more...
  4. L

Tea, Tipi's and trail cam

I needed to use up some annual leave so headed to the woods to practice all of my new found skills from reading Ray Mears - Essential Bushcraft. Someone had got there early to practice their skills too. I think they hadn't read the page on leave no trace. [/url] Untitled by Arborvita Online, on...
  5. L

Trail Cam results

A few weeks back I was out walking and found a massive badger set built into the side of a sand bank. It was huge. Perfect for trying out my new trail cam. I bought it as I knew there was wildlife about but wasn't sure how much and where. So the plan was to have the trail cam in a few locations...
  6. bothyman

Cybertracker website

Just found this which I found interesting. Hope it's not old news. >> http://www.cybertracker.org/tracking/books MickT
  7. Rob

Tracking Course - Spring 2012

Our next Tracking Course will take place on the weekend of 30th March - 1st April in Sussex. More details here.
  8. Rob

Next Tracking (ITM) Course Date - September 2011

We spend a lot of time providing Tracking training to private groups through the year, but always find the time to put on some open courses. Our next Tracking Course will be running on the weekend of 9th - 11th September 2011 - in Sussex. Details of the course can be found on the website...
  9. 21st century pict

Have you any handy tracking tips or kit.

Photographing tracks can be problematic, we see in stereoscopic and therefore get depth of field however cameras only record in monoscopic losing depth of field and shadows, images become somewhat flat and so forth, so here's one easy trick I use for photographic records when the sun is over...
  10. R

Urban Otters..

Here is an update on the Urban Otters in Oxford.. http://urban-bush-craft.blogspot.com/
  11. Rob

Tracking - ITM

We spend a lot of time providing Tracking training to private groups through the year, but always find the time to put on some open courses. Our next Tracking Course will be running on the weekend of 18th - 20th March 2011 - in Sussex. Details of the course can be found on the website...
  12. R

Otter watching

I have been tracking a pair of otters whose range is in the vicinity of where I live. This morning I got the rare treat of finding a fish kill less than 4 hours old. I will post photos shortly. All that remained of a fish approximately 250-300mm long was the head and shoulders and the tail...
  13. TeeDee

Pathfinder Tracking Review 'Lifting The Veil'

Pathfinder Tracking Review Lifting The Veil I was recently given the opportunity to attend a Introductory tracking course run by Geoffrey Mc Mullan, Geoffrey operates Pathfinder UK Tracking which currently offers two Tracking Courses , the Introductory Course ( 2/3 day ) 'Lifting The...
  14. Rob

Snowy Tracks, Blood Trail and an end to a story

I love tracking in the snow. It is a great place to learn the basics, see some more subtle sign and to build on some of the analytical skills that really help you put together a picture of events. A couple of days ago, I was wandering about in the wood behind our house. It had been great...
  15. V

Can anyone recommend a tracking course?

Hi to everyone, I've been a member for a while but haven't posted on many threads. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with some pointers. I'm currently looking to attend a 2/3/4 day tracking course preferably in the south-west although would travel further for the right course. I...
  16. Rob

Tracking Course

We are pleased to announce that our next Level 1 Tracking Course will take place on 26-28 March 2010. The course will be held in Sussex. Once again, we will be joined by Geoffrey McMullan, who many of you already know. This course is based around the Integrated Tracking Method (ITM)...