survival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
  1. S

For Sale High Quality Hunting/Survival knives

I have some items to sell. These are hunting/survival knives I accumulated over the years. I hope they would be of interest to you all. 1- Aitor Jungle King 1 (brand new). I got this lovely knife about 3-4 years ago, but never used it. These are amazing Spanish knives. £250.00 2- RUI K25...
  2. M

Learning the ways of UK Bushcraft

Please forgive me for any misunderstandings and silly questions. I am autistic and trying to learn as much as I can to prepare for myself for my trip. I am learning survival skills for wild rural camping in a weekly basis with professional training. I want to come to Scotland as a visitor to...
  3. M

For Sale Brand new, leatherman OHT + leatherman KBx, for sale

Hello there, here I’ve got a few leatherman OHT multitolls + skeletool KBx knives for sale. They are brand new, I’m wanting… £75. Leatherman OHT £35 skeletool KBx They will be sent via. Royal Mail 2nd class signed for. Open to sensible offer. Please message if you have any questions...
  4. M

For Sale Brand new, Leatherman OHT multitool + leatherman skeletool KBx knives.

Hello there, here I’ve got a few leatherman OHT multitolls + skeletool KBx knives for sale. They are brand new, I’m wanting… £75. Leatherman OHT £35 skeletool KBx They will be sent via. Royal Mail 2nd class signed for. Open to sensible offer. Please message if you have any questions...
  5. Le Loup

Making Arrow Heads From Spoons (cold forging).

Keith.
  6. Le Loup

Tomahawk/Axe Throwing

Keith.
  7. Le Loup

Drying Tomatoes.

Keith.
  8. Leo Seven

How I build a wooden log cabin in a forest alone. PART 2

This is the second part of the video of my work in the forest. Covid 19 partially limited people in freedom. This is one of the reasons why I go to the forest so as not to go crazy at home. Almost finished.
  9. D

Emergency grab bag with toddler

A little while ago there was a recommendation that everyone should have an emergency grab bag. So one puts together a large rucksack and fills it with all the gear that could be essential to survive, but then you've also got to pack for your young toddler. What do you pack? Now say said...
  10. J

North east bushcraft woodland areas

I'm wondering if people know great spots to practise bushcraft but also have overnighters. i have my normal places to go but want to discover new places.
  11. XIX

Sold **last Price drop**Bayley S4 Survival knife

For sale is my unused Bayley S4 survival knife. Purchased and never used-been in a display cabinet. I had intended to use it but couldn’t bring myself to do so. Perfect condition with black leather scout sheath and leather authenticity certificate. Will be posted special delivery. Price...
  12. T

help, fishing line and/or hobo.

i have all the gear but no idea. can someone teach me the basics of fishing. ive tried and had no luck. i would love to catch and cook my own, but up to yet ive had to catch my fish from tesco..
  13. T

Will drinking blood actually dehydrate you?

In a survival situation, you'll obviously want to use all resources available to you. If you've managed to catch an animal, its blood is definitely one such resource. However, in survival manuals I've come across, if they mention blood, they say not to drink it, as it will dehydrate you. Other...
  14. Le Loup

Reading Glass Fire Lighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvveEG5yDXc
  15. Le Loup

A Woodsrunner's Day Part Three.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-PN0Glg7jY
  16. Le Loup

The Advantages of A flintlock Gun for Long Term Wilderness Living/Survival.

Please note that this information was written for Australia, in the UK you will have to check your local firearms laws. But flintlocks are being used in the UK by Living Historians & Historical Re-enactors, & there is no law against using the flintlock for hunting in the UK as far as I know...
  17. Le Loup

Flintlock Fire Lighting.

The flintlock muzzle-loading gun is in my opinion the best gun you can use for long term wilderness living/survival. The first gun I made as a kid in the UK was a primitive "Handgonne", which had to be fired using matchcord. The flintlock is far superior & much easier to use. If you get the...
  18. Le Loup

Woodsrunner Skills List.

Here is a basic list of skills that the woodsrunners in our group are expected to be familiar with. Keith. Woodsrunner’s Skills. New England Colonial Living History Group 1680-1760. This is a list of basic skills in which we expect an 18th century woodsman or woods-woman to have some experience...
  19. Le Loup

A Woodsrunner's Day Part One. VIDEO. By Keith H. Burgess. An ex West Sussex lad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9NWSJv2EGQ
  20. Le Loup

My Blog Link For 18th Century Oilcloth & Canvas For Shelters.

http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/search?q=oilcloth