stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
  1. CraftyWild

Making my latest burner and pot stand

I do this almost every spring, start making a new stove for camping. I've been through lots of types - wood-gas, simple twig burners, charcoal stoves, fan-assisted twig stoves, mini twin-wall perlite-insulated rocket stoves - and last year I finally got sick of trying to get found sticks to...
  2. norbre_hu

Woodgas stove soot problem

Hi, I've made a small woodgas stove but I have a problem with it. It works well, I can boil 0,5L water in 5 minutes with 1,5-2 handfuls of wood , but it produces lot of soot, my pot's side became full of it. As I read, soot is because imperfect burning (not enough heat, or air). I used 3-10mm...
  3. A

wood stove warpage

I got one of varustelekas metal wood stoves two weeks ago. I've used it twice once with damp wood in a small fire and the second time with seasoned stuff on both occasions it didn't get very hot but creaked and appears to have warped quite a bit .Am i doing something wrong ? I can still use it...
  4. Fursty Ferret

Sold Wood Burner FourDog Ultra Light Titanium I Camp Stove

FourDog Ultra Light Titanium I Camp Stove; this isn't a twig feeder nor a back straining lump - as used by trappers in Alaska, built tough/to last and to pump out the heat. £417 all in (inc. PP/P&P) Condition good BUT - has a 1.5” long 5mm at height of convex dent in it (see pictures/cosmetic...
  5. Dave Budd

Sold MSR Whisperlite stove

I bought this a few years ago, but have only used it a handful of times (I normally have a forge whenever I'm camping!). It comes with a jet for 'white gas and automobile gasoline' and a jet for 'kerosene and jet fuel', fuel bottle, servicing kit and foil windshield; basically everything but the...
  6. Tipi

Sold Trangia 27 non stick

Trangia 27 with nonstick pans and kettle. Think this the new UL windshields stove in general is in used but good condition, all working, no dents. Non stick is generally in good condition but slightly worn in patches (see pics) £30 Ono posted to the uk DUOSSAL NOW SOLD SEPARATELY.
  7. Tipi

Sold Trangia X2 in box

Used but very good condition Trangia X2 in box with instructions and original receipt. Box, instructions, carry pouch, service tool, 2 jets, trangia fuel bottle, and pump. Needs a new priming pad, but I’ve just been pre-heating with gas which is much quicker and cleaner. £95 ono (inc...
  8. Story

Withdrawn Reduced Littlbug Junior Stove with Fire Bowl

off to ebay
  9. GreenNomad

Aloc Alcohol Stove

Just ordered the Aloc Alcohol Stove. Looks good, dirt cheap at £10. Great reviews. Anyone else use these ??
  10. M

Stove/fuel for South America - (Previously Petrol stoves recommendations)

Oh no not another stove thread. I was considering an alcohol stove for my forthcoming trip, but since I'll be at altitude (3,000m) and cooking for two of us, everyone has recommended mulifuel stove. To me that means petrol since I mightn't be able to get and carry white gas in the depths of...
  11. L

Large but packable wood gas stove

Just a little project to pick your experienced brains with (if you would all be so kind) I am planning a week on Dartmoor with a few friends & I (in the spirit of wanting to be difficult) I am wanting to take a Dutch oven, I have a Trangia but I want to be able to cook for everyone & the...
  12. Th3V1k1ng

Vintage "Primus" liquid fuel burner - made in England

Got this in a box of odds and sods tools, from a local auction. needs an over haul and a good clean. Slight damage to part of it. Not sure if anything is missing, it came as is. I know a lot of bikers in Norway who use this burner at the Primus Rally in February. They are supposed to be the...
  13. TheBrook

Bushbox XL Review and Tips

It's that time once again my friends on the Bushcraft UK forum, Firstly, as always, I hope that this message finds you well? Secondly, I have had my Bushbox XL for a while now and have really been able to put it through it's paces, here are my thoughts and even some tips and tricks...
  14. M

Improvements I made to my Coleman F1 Lite Stove

Hi Folks, I just thought I'd show you some of my cook kit and mention an 'extra' I bought and a small modification I made which have improved its use - for me anyway! Where I go walking, I don't have permission to light a wood fire so I bring along the following kit for making some tea or...
  15. R-Tron 3108

What is the best cook set and why

You're views, your reasoning and where you use it please. This could very well help me to make a slightly more informed decision about my next purchase
  16. spader

TOYODANSO Double Paraffin Cookers / Stoves on Metal Stand

Hi All I was clearing out my shed yesterday, and found a few items to sell. One of them is this Double Paraffin Cookers / Stove on a (galvanised) Metal Stand. One on the left is perfect ready to fire after putting paraffin in the tank, but one on the right needs some adjustment on wicks...
  17. Seoras

Spring Weekend with Coastal Survival

Every now and then I head off into the hills with some friends. This time it was to be Gordon and Rick, whom I have worked with for a number of years at the Crisis Open Christmas shelters, and I had arranged with my friend Fraser from Coastal Survival that we would come down and spend time at...
  18. spader

Paraffin Lamp advice / recommendations please

Hi All I will be putting the Wildo Stove in my wooden shed soon. I have ordered a silicon flashing kit for the flue. Waiting for the parts to arrive. Now next thing I need is lamp, as there is no electricity coming into the shed yet, I am planning to use paraffin lamps until the power is...
  19. craeg

Vintage 1960's Primus Camping Stove Fully Restored

My dad has recently started again restoring old tools and I have offered to put the ones I think you guys would like on here for first dibs. He was a toolmaker then carpenter and so he does a grand job of the restoration and spends many hours doing it as he has OCD!!! :D This one is a vintage...
  20. G

Tentipi Eldfell Pro9 versus Helsport Stove - Which is better?

Hi Folks, I had a good search on the forums, and couldn't find if anyone had actually done any comparrisons on quality and performance for these two stoves? I have a tentipi varrie 9, and am looking for a wood burning stove for it. What ever I buy, I want it to last and I don't mind...