review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
  1. xavierdoc

Spyderco Wolfspyder review

Warning- some hunting pics behind spoiler tabs, below. A review of the Ray Mears designed Spyderco Wolfspyder This knife had a lot of appeal: 1. I like Spyderco's compression lock 2. I have an irrational fondness for Scandi grinds 3. I like knives that date to be "different" (up to a...
  2. J

Any thoughts on this axe from mil-tec?

Hi there I recently bought this axe from mil-tec and so far have been ok with its performance but somewhat disappointed with the cover and the handle. I cant find any reviews anywhere and so I was wondering if I might've accidentally bought a shitty product (in terms of long-term durability...
  3. Hudson

Open River Canoe Adventures (ORCA).

Hi, I’ve been a long time lurker in the forum and have only recently stated posting. I thought I’d write a quick review for a Canoe building course I completed last year with Open River Canoe Adventures (ORCA) in Pooley Bridge, The Lake District. ORCA offer amongst other things) four day...
  4. E

Regatta Holcombe Mens Isotex walking boot review / £40 thereabouts

Im tired of going into shops and asking basic information from the staff who cant say one way or another basic information about basic products they are selling. such as:- Q. Are Regatta isotex fabric boots costing around £40 1. Waterproof and 2. As waterproof as say something costing over...
  5. madra

First Impressions: Clipper Petrol Lighter

Well, given that I've seemingly not posted since 2011 [!], albeit I'm a regular "lurker", I thought it was about time I put finger to keyboard again. So here's a quick review on a gadget whose existence is new to me [So apologies if it's been mentioned before] The other day, after spending...
  6. TheBrook

Bahco Laplander...the best saw ever?

Hi Everyone, Here's a review I did of the Bahco Laplander which is a folding saw with a lot to offer. I think it could even be the best saw for Bushcraft and outdoor activities on the market right now. In this video I give an overview of the saw and also share some tips and tricks that...
  7. TheBrook

Kit Review: ESEE-4 Knife

Hey Everyone, Hope you are all doing well and still managing to get out there at this colder time of year? In this video I give a 'no-holds barred' kit review of the ESEE-4 Knife and I'm not scared to share with you the negative aspects as well as the positive...
  8. dimi.t.dfd

Nikon Monarch 7 8x42 binoculars review

Hey all, We have written a review on the Nikon Monarch 7 8x42 binoculars. To read the full review & more pictures check: http://exploremore.eu/nikon-monarch-7-binoculars-review/ Grtz, Dimi I settled for the Nikon Monarch 7 8 x 42, as it ticks all my needs; -waterproof (I use them...
  9. theoctagon

First Look - Mountain Equipment Xero MM Sleeping Bag

For a while now I've been on the look out for a new lightweight sleeping bag for summer use. I really liked the look of the Rab top bag but these seem to be quite hard to come by and still command a premium second hand, the other bag I had my eye on was the PHD Minimus which I'd pretty much...
  10. Rob

EXOTAC polySTRIKER XL Review - GearWeAre

Another great review of the EXOTAC polySTRIKER XL from the guys at GearWeAre. http://www.gearweare.com/review/exotac-polystriker-xl/ :cool:
  11. VANDEEN

DD Hammock Pack 2012 with XL Tarp upgrade Unboxing review....... TBC

Thanks to Sandbag47's recent group buy on BCUK I took delivery today of a DD Hammocks Frontline pack deal with an XL tarp upgrade. The pack consists of the following:- (all weights from my kitchen scales with 5g resolution) Mil-Com DR35 35Litre pack 945g XL Tarp Olive 4.5 Metres X 3...
  12. BushcraftAndSurvival

Karrimor SF Sabre 75 Review

I have owned a Karrimor SF sabre 75 for a year now and I opted for this pack after I became fed up with the PLCE bergen that I had been using for many years. The PLCE bergen is a capable rucksack with good load carrying capacity, high quality construction and some handily placed pockets. The...
  13. BushcraftAndSurvival

Karrimor SF Sabre 30 Review

Bushcraft is all about knowing more so that we can carry less right? Well,despite this the vast majority of Bushcraft folk do carry some equipment with them and in most cases this is a very wise thing to do. The key thing is to pack only the essentials, those items that you can use to make...
  14. BushcraftAndSurvival

BCB Military Survival Tin Review

Since Lofty Wiseman's SAS survival guide popularised the Survival Tin there have been many pre-packaged variants on the market of varying usefulness and quality. I was given a BCB survival tin a while back and now that i have had time to look at it i can review it here for you. BCB are a...
  15. BushcraftAndSurvival

Sea To Summit Pocket Shower Review

Not showering has become synonymous with bushcraft in recent years. The thing is, you do not need to go unwashed when spending time in the wilderness. There are many options available to keep clean, my preferred option has always been to take a plunge in a river or loch and get it over with as...
  16. BushcraftAndSurvival

PowerMonkey Extreme Review

With ever increasing mobile network coverage and performance the ability to keep your mobile device charged while out in the field for long periods of time is an important consideration. As an outdoor professional I have a responsibility to be able to communicate with the outside world from...
  17. BushcraftAndSurvival

The Morakniv® Bushcraft Survival Knife - Review

The Morakniv® Bushcraft Survival Knife Mora of Sweden have been a big name in Bushcraft knives for a very long time, widely regarded as the best entry level knife maker and their knives are issued on Bushcraft Courses all over the UK and beyond. The quality and cost are also two things that...
  18. 3bears

East meets West - slingshot sootoff! with pics and a dog! :)

well, I still haven't seen any of this nice weather we have been promised in the UK yet, but not being deterred by the lack of sunshine, I still elected to head out into a local bit of woodland with the dog for the afternoon. I'd very luckily won myself a DanKung Cougar from Joerg Sprave...
  19. Deaner666

Wilderness Survival Skills Bushcraft Weekend Review

I posted the following article on a wee blog I write, but figured it would be seen by a lot more interested parties on BCUK than it would there. The article is a review of a course I attended run by Joe O'Leary's Wilderness Survival Skills outfit. I hope it's a help to anyone thinking of...
  20. Totumpole

Wright & Son Handmade Bushcraft Knife - opinions/review

Hello to all, I felt the need to talk (or rather rant) about my Wright & Son bushcraft knife. Its a 4mm 01 Tool steel handmade in England blade with Ebony scales and "custom" sheath included. I bought it new for £140 about a year ago when I first started getting into bushcraft and had some...