coastal survival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
  1. coastal survival

Scotland 2014 - Coastal Hunter Gatherer Course - Photo album.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.888513831165995.1073741837.100000221585627&type=1&l=168c0c8c54
  2. coastal survival

Foraging for mushrooms and cooking course - 1 day - 26th October - Near Chepstow.

Foraging for mushrooms and cooking course - 1 day - 26th October - Near Chepstow. Looking good for mushrooms this year, we are running a day course foraging for mushrooms and cooking what we find, a wild woodland risotto is on the cards, with a selection of wild foraged herb teas and what ever...
  3. coastal survival

Coastal Hunter Gatherer Course - new date - 4/6th October 2013.

Coastal Hunter Gatherer. Learn how to forage, fish and hunt along the sea shore, then how to best cook and preserve the range of plants, fish and shellfish that we may catch or find. Skills included on this course will be: Gill net construction starting with fishing line and beach rubbish...
  4. coastal survival

Working weekend helping in the woods

Hi Any one fancy a working weekend on the last weekend of January? I need stones collecting from the stream and carrying in buckets to make paths in the woods, along with a few log bridges etc (gloves + buckets provided ;) There's not much in the way of wild food in January in the woods, but we...
  5. coastal survival

Coast Hunter Course - New date - 25th/26th May 2013.

Coast Hunter Course - New date - 25th/26th May 2013 West Dorset. This unique course was voted one the best 52 weekend courses in the world by Lonely Planet magazine. Learn to forage and hunt along the seashore, setting over night traps and nets. Improvised survival fishing and convention...
  6. coastal survival

Making and using a small coastal gill net videos

Hi Sorry could not see a thread for Gill nets. A relentless productive method of catching plenty. Here are two links to a videos I just made on - How to rig a gill net - Where to use a gill net. Defiantly worth space in any bug out bag - will catch anything, anywhere, on land and sea. Hope...
  7. coastal survival

Bushmoot 2012 - Dorset/Devon border after party.

For all those who attended the 2012 Bushmoot. It was great to meet faces that I meet at last years moot again, and also the many more this year (sorry to any I didn't). Im lucky to have been given so much of my life living wild, and would like to extend my gratitude. I am always inspired...
  8. coastal survival

What do want to know about Coastal Survival?

sorry please delete
  9. coastal survival

Coastal Survival - Coast Hunter - Wild Food

Really good day on the Edible seashore course with Robin Harford of www.Eatweeds.co.uk. The sun was shining which is always good on a days coastal foraging. We started off on the beach and a few quick pushes of the shrimp net I made the night before, found some nice shrimps. There is only one...