Knifeclone wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
Hi Fellas!

After a long time without thinking about knives or Bushcraft (just had a busy time) I´m back. :)
Is it the winter time or just the call of nature which wants me back in the woods - I dont know, but what I know is, that I need a new "friend" on my side when I´m out an about.

I really have looked a long long time for a Bayley knife, but since there is no chance of getting one, I´m here to ask, if anybody is able to make me a Clone? It should be as near to the original as possible. No Serrations needed, but the rest should be like the original.
Hopefully I will find someone here for this "project" and would highly appreciate and welcome any answers on the thread!

Thanks to all of you and have a great time
ATB from Austria
Mike

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Welcome back Mike. I don't think there is a copyright issue, i mean look how many woodore clones there are, & bushtools, so should'nt be a problem, but thats for you to discuss with the makers on here.

Rob

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
Hi Rob!

I dont think so too - There are still a many clones out there, but I´m after one which is made for me, so if there is any maker here who is able to make me one - PLEASE post HERE!!!
cheers
Mike

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
british blades you should try also mate, or ask duncan, or try his site dorsetwoodlandblades, there is not much that man can't put his hand to, i tell you, and if you need a bayley type sheath i think i may be able to help out with that.
take care.
lee.

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
british blades you should try also mate, or ask duncan, or try his site dorsetwoodlandblades, there is not much that man can't put his hand to, i tell you, and if you need a bayley type sheath i think i may be able to help out with that.
take care.
lee.

thank you very much for the kind offer on making the sheath if needed - If you can get to me via PM and let me know how much this would be and maybe with some pics (I´ve already seen your stunning work on your flickr gallery) I really appreciate this!

thx buddy and all the best
Mike

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
take care.
lee.
My bet would be on Duncan too. The man does lovely work. Search for FYGT

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Looks like you are being pointed in the right direction Mike, both make some good stuff, looking forward to seeing the outcome of the sheath & the knife.

Rob

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
Me too!
Lets see what the guys say and what the result looks like :D
Maybe I´ll change something to make it look nicer (a glass breaking pommel?? or an orange G10 as a "Neverlostedition"??) We´ll see *hehe*

Cheers and thx for leading me to the right people
Mike

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
I think you can ask to Stuart Mitchell that already made two Bayley styled knives for Jonathan and Emma Deval.

Lol, those bayley Style knives were made by... Bayley!

He made them based on Stu/jd's deval bushcrafter, but adapted to his raven style, a custom commission by JD :)

I doubt Stu would make you a bayley "clone", iirc he hasn't ever made a woodlore clone. But, no harm in asking...

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
I know, that they were made by bayley, but bayley is not able to make one at the moment and the waiting list is endless.....Why he doesn´t do a bit of outsourcing or get himself a view employees / assistants??? I dont know!
But ones for sure: I wont get any Bayley S4 from Bayley in the near future (a friend of mine is still waiting now for 2 years and still have to wait 3 more)!

Why not make one from maker here?
It´s not branded as Bayleyknife and not 100% the same! Also I want to change a little bit - so its more a custom knife which looks similar but not the same and no 1:1 copy!

cheers
Mike

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
I might be able to help mate. Depends weather you mind waiting 3/4 weeks or not.:)

3-4 weeks sounds good to me....no problem with that :D
I´m not sure at the moment which differences I want to have .......glass breaking pommel would be really cool by just let the tang stick out a bit and grind a "pyramid" on it! Orange G10 or Jade G10 or black G10?
What do you think?
Cheers and many thamks for coming to me with this offer
Mike

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Hi Mike.

I'm just about to go out mate. I will send you a PM either later tonight or tomorrow morning depending on when i get time.

Cheers
Mark :)

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
I think you can ask to Stuart Mitchell that already made two Bayley styled knives for Jonathan and Emma Deval.

Lol, those bayley Style knives were made by... Bayley!

He made them based on Stu/jd's deval bushcrafter, but adapted to his raven style, a custom commission by JD :)

I doubt Stu would make you a bayley "clone", iirc he hasn't ever made a woodlore clone. But, no harm in asking...

Cheers Trunks, you are quite right, making a copy of a Bayley would not be, nor ever has been, on my agenda at all, the OP knows this now and we have exchanged a couple of emails...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE