*** For Sale*** Mammoth Molar Pendants

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Mammoth Molar Pendants

There are 2 pendants.
Please state LEFT or RIGHT when placing interest in this thread then to PM.

Tapering from 13-15mm x 30-35mm and 5mm thick sections of Mammoth molar sanded down to 2500 grit on a flat granite surface, hung on 1m of black cotton braid with buffalo horn adjuster.

IMAG0665.jpg

The left hand piece has the base of the enamel plate (used for grinding the mammoths food) visible with pale green and blue speckles captured within. This disappears when turned over. The back has a lovely deep swirling milky pattern. The right hand piece is deeper still from the tooth and exhibits the multi toned swirls front and rear.

IMAG0678.jpg

IMAG0679.jpg

The Molar sections are a natural product, thousands of years in the making they, as such are all different and some cracks are evident in the photos...although the pendants have survived being cut, filed, abraded and handled by astonished relatives without detriment to the pendants.

IMAG0661.jpg

Gorgeous colour, pattern, Paypal fees and recorded royal mail delivery £15 each (Both Sold)This applies to UK addresses, other arrangments can be requested.

Thanks for looking.

Mojo

Last edited:

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Bump...... now £12.50 These do look lovely and glassy in person. If the cracks are an issue I can inject cyanoacrylate then polish the faces again, but to be honest they should not need it. Regards, Mojo

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Any more planned,these look fantastic.​

Torak,
I 'll have to see what turns up materials wise....I do have a little more but shapes will depend on the stock materials.

Keep looking....I hope to get jobs done and may have a couple more in a few weeks.

Cheers,

Mojo​

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Well here is a small-ish pendant (this was an off cut but too nice to dismiss) cut from the tooth I have been working on for the last few weeks
it is 21*13*6mm on 1m of black cotton braided cord and with a buffulo horn adjuster as before.
again finished using 2500grit.

IMAG0742.jpg

Front view
IMAG0750.jpg

The sides on this one show some lovely contrast between the layers of tooth
IMAG0754.jpg

The back Face

IMAG0751.jpg

The photos don't pick up the depth of pattern but you get the idea.
Price Via Paypal all in (inc recorded post) is £11.50 (Sold)
Post interest in thread if possibe
Thanks for looking
Mojo

Last edited:

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Cheers,
all sold, I like the look of this stuff......but it really knock my sawblades out....might be a while before the saw is ready to go again....or not, just depends on free time ;)

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Well I've been in the 'shed' again.....Its as close to the great out doors as I have managed recently :(
Still atleast I get to play with nice things like this mammoth.....all finished as before to 2500 grit.

Front

The flash has done no favours here...only 'B' has showns its colours well....the rest are hiding.....If you want better photos stick a reply on here and I'll get it done.
IMAG1025.jpg

Back

IMAG1026.jpg

Options :rolleyes:

IMAG1057.jpg

My Cord supplier has not been able to get nicely hanging matt black in for a while....so I will offer these with a few alternatives....please select from the cordage as pictured

-Shiney black leather
-Matt black cord (Now sold out of Matt Black)
-Golden colour cord

Also I can offer the adjuster in either Buffalo Horn (black) or Buffalo Bone (white-ish).
Adjuster and cord options are pictured above.

All sizes are the maximum Height/Width/Thickness (mm)
Paypal please and prices cover all fees including delivery by recorded post.
A- Sold
B- 28mm/20mm/7mm (£10.50)
C- 40mm/23mm/6mm (Sold)
D- 29mm/10mm/7mm (Sold)
E- 32mm/16mm/6mm (Sold)

Replies to the thread please then PM
Best wishes

Mojo

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Im sure Im missing something obvious here........ but I would have thought a Mammoths tooth would be much much bigger?

It's that white outline in the middle that's confusing. Is it encased in marble, or is the whole pendant all tooth?

Mammoth030.jpg

Last edited:

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Yup the whole tooth is biiiiiiig.....much bigger than I could hang on a piece of 1mm cord.

The piece I was working is a slice, cross section of the tooth.The white is the enamel plates that run vertically up the tooth....the brown swirly stuff is the matrix that holds the plates together......if you read up on mammoth teeth, this brown material is worn away by the chewing action.....leaving the white enamel proud thus being able to grind vegetation.

In the picture you show a tooth and the top of the tooth is the dark black section opposite side to the hand.

Hope this helps.....where did you get that pic....is it yours?

Mojo

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
. No, no...Just swiped it off google. Thanks for the clarification. Would they make good key fobs?

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Glad to hear it mrcairney......hope all is well.

Dave, I would not personally use them as key fobs, as the keys would end up scratching or chipping away at the material as they jingle around......even metal key fobs can look rough after a while.

I was told not to soak the tooth when working it as well so best not used as a fishing lure either :p

Nice chatting with you all.

Mojo

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE