Mastino P2 Bushshirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Hopefully this is the correct procedure to get me on the reserve list:

2 korvin karbon (confirmed) (deposit paid)
3 techworm (confirmed) (deposit paid)
4 TeeDee - done
5 welshwhit (confirmed) (deposit paid)
6 lewiman201 (confirmed) (deposit paid)
7 BushEd (confirmed) (deposit paid)
8 coln18 (confirmed) (deposit paid)
9 Leonidas (confirmed) (deposit paid) - check
10 Pepperana (confirmed) (deposit paid)
11 verloc
12 Torak
13 Lincs Bushman
14 markheolddu ( Removed)
15 sasquatch - confirmed
16 The Cumbrian - confirmed
17 bushcraftsman
18 Pandabean
19 MikeE
20 calibanzwei
21 Tetley
22 Melonfish
23 kpmoloney
24 Littlebiglane (confirmed, deposit paid)
25 kawasemi (Confirmed)
26 HarryHawk (confirmed)
27 Goatboy
28 Chrisj (confrimed)
29 deepforest2501
30 Cliv (confirmed)
31 Peterlee_Paddler
32 Northsky
33 Smokoe
34 Treadlightly (withdrawn)
35 Enzo
36 OliveDrabnotDPM
37 Mike8472 (confirmed)
38 HillBill
39 hiraeth
40 stickbow
41 kimba
42 rawshak
43 redneck
44 Atross, ( removed )
45 widu13
46 garybeaver (confirmed)
47 Dutchdave
48 Trunks
49 nickg
50 pinerevolver

Reserve list:
51: jimjolli
52: VirusKiller (confirmed)
53: dave53
54: mrcairney
55: DUCky
56: luckylee.
57: RichardIT
58: Mafro
59: Scoman - Large 60:Born Slippy
60: Stringmaker - Medium

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Apologies for the silence on my part. I have moved house and now am situated in a wood cabin on the edge of Dartmoor. I did not have any internet connect for three weeks. I have just got lines intalled and with a broadband speed of 1.1mbps I am back online. Woo-hoo. I'll now drop Kev a line and see what the status is. Personally I could do with one of these as the bedroom temperature was a balmy 9 degrees this morning! I suppose without central heating and no double-glazing its gonna be a rather bracing winter.

Last edited:

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Kev said he will check with Arktis. The person leading the project has been away briefly on some business thing. Kev has factory time booked at the end of each week. It'll always be a bit slow at the beginning whilst they get themselves sorted and used to the pattern and making then. However we should have some more concrete news by now and Kev will chase that up. Fingers-crossed.

LBL

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Seems not, shame, as I was hoping to have the shirt for 'this' weekend for a major annual Scout camping weekend (I do the outdoorsie stuff)....now the weather is turning it would have been great.....

Ah well!

OK so the Scout weekend came and went minus the bush shirt!

Is their a definitive date these things will start to roll off the production line.
Clearly their is a problem as several of the more recent suggested events have gone unannounced....i.e. the success of any production run at Arktis?

Who is actually sitting on this and ensuring folks stick to any attempt at a deadline......it sounds like this is not high on anyone's agenda given no one has 'chased' up Arktis....(and for the cheap seats I am not having a go at Arktis.....)

It is my belief that the many folks who signed up for this (including myself) have seen human patience taken to new levels, let us not forget the original post started on 12th December 2009.
Would it be asking too much to have a definitive timeline, as in 'definitive'........Arktis appear to be a professional and successful business, there is no way they would provide a wishy washy date for a production run, someone must know! Unless it is a weekend 'special' as a favour....and to the best of my knowledge a production run generally does not grind to a halt if someone is away...

Better leave it at the above!

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
I've put another call into Kev. Will see what's up.

LBL

OK so the Scout weekend came and went minus the bush shirt!

Is their a definitive date these things will start to roll off the production line.
Clearly their is a problem as several of the more recent suggested events have gone unannounced....i.e. the success of any production run at Arktis?

Who is actually sitting on this and ensuring folks stick to any attempt at a deadline......it sounds like this is not high on anyone's agenda given no one has 'chased' up Arktis....(and for the cheap seats I am not having a go at Arktis.....)

It is my belief that the many folks who signed up for this (including myself) have seen human patience taken to new levels, let us not forget the original post started on 12th December 2009.
Would it be asking too much to have a definitive timeline, as in 'definitive'........Arktis appear to be a professional and successful business, there is no way they would provide a wishy washy date for a production run, someone must know! Unless it is a weekend 'special' as a favour....and to the best of my knowledge a production run generally does not grind to a halt if someone is away...

Better leave it at the above!

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
I too have my own business and its sometimes very difficult to do side stuff that is out of the main stuff.
I agree that 2 years is a long time and for some to long. But I am not gonna drop out at the last second. They long wait is not worth it.
If there was any bad thought ore bad business its another story. Its just bad luck in my opinion.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
What's the 50% increase in price people are on about? When I looked at the site it said £75. Originally they were about £65 plus extra for options I thought? Did I miss something on the site update? Confused.com...

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Purely for accuracy's sake :)

'The good news is that the shirt is robust, comfortable, simple and thick and warm. Its not as heavy as I imagined. Even better news is that the basic shirt (including necklace closure, leather neck 'stop' detailing (tbc) and kangaroo pocket will most probably come in at £49. The shirt will be made to order and will be tailored for each individual using various measurements (belly, chest, arms, back, bum etc) to ensure custom fit. '

Updated!

'Just to clarify - £49 will get you the basic shirt as described plus your choice of a £3/£5 option included in this price. You can then up-spec it per item at the specified cost.'

So in summary, minus addons (but including one option in the base price) the uplift is indeed 50% (i.e. £49 > £75)

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Purely for accuracy's sake :)

'The good news is that the shirt is robust, comfortable, simple and thick and warm. Its not as heavy as I imagined. Even better news is that the basic shirt (including necklace closure, leather neck 'stop' detailing (tbc) and kangaroo pocket will most probably come in at £49. The shirt will be made to order and will be tailored for each individual using various measurements (belly, chest, arms, back, bum etc) to ensure custom fit. '

Updated!

'Just to clarify - £49 will get you the basic shirt as described plus your choice of a £3/£5 option included in this price. You can then up-spec it per item at the specified cost.'

So in summary, minus addons (but including one option in the base price) the uplift is indeed 50% (i.e. £49 > £75)

Got ya Tom. It's been that long, I think with the mods I had in mind I was thinking about £65 for mine, that's where I got my figure from as I forgot about the £49 intro price. That's why I didn't think £75 was much of a mark up.

The way I see it I've spent near enough a ton on my Bison Bushcraft shirt(about £96 delivered I think?). I love it and can't fault it but they aren't cheap. Owning a Dutch blanket and seeing Mesquite's jacket I'll still go ahead with getting one when they get done. I have more wool than I care to think about but I do like the thought of these being finished. Just my opinion here. The Bison Bushcraft is better than a Swannie in my opinion and the Mastino shirts are better than a Bison Bushcraft shirt again just in my opinion. Ya it's taking ages but I'll remain optimistic...I can see why people are put off though. Especially the closer it gets to xmas! I'll sell other gear to cover this though if need be.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
just clicked on the endicotts link above,new pictures up of them getting made at factory,no sure about the big pockets at the bottom.
Yes, the pockets are a bit of a surprise to me. But i think i quite like them as additions. This bit of kit is so heavyweight that it will most certainly be used as an outer layer and it could do with the extra storage. I suppose that these are instead of the kanga pocket, which also has its upsides and downsides. Still, its not a deal breaker for me.Its great to see them in production after so long. I expect that some of us will want to test this lovely out.LBL

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
I agree. A handwarmer pocket is for a winter garment allot more functional then this pockets now.

But Its great to see the shirts in the Factory! Also the Seamstress does a good job on detail. Still hope mine will arrive here in Holland before Christmas.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE