heads up bedroll for £10

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MandaPanda

Jul 24, 2011
Sussex
Well I've been gear-junkied into buying this too now. I'm hoping it's a good alternative and solves my hatred for mummies! (Evil 7HD Monsters!)

Spotted this too ... Polish Army sleeping mat - no details though - anyone know what it's made of?

Last edited:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Mine arrived today a week early from the new stock up, great bit of kit definately unissued, just washing inner parts now as they smell of moth ball type preserve,the outer alone is worth the purchse,thanks Man of tanith great heads up!

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
Mine arrived today, along with other bits I was tempted in to buying:eek: ....... been tutted at already.....:dunno:

Sam, I have it on good authority that you're not the sort of person I should be listening to:nono:

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
That's the one. They sold out in under 24hrs and had to re-order. Price had gone up from suppliers but they honoured the original price for the orders already in.

I'm happy with that and the still pretty quick turnaround.

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Mine turned up today, awesome bit of kit. It's a lot bigger than I expected, going to use the outer as a bivi with a sleeping bag this weekend till I'm convinced the wool blanket and inner sheet will be warm enough.

I think it'd be really nice slung under a canvas pack, like a Duluth or a Frostriver.

mandapanda i keep looking at that polish sleep mat but i wil be hurt if i buy any more kit before my birthday/christmas

WK yeah thems the ones my fault the price rose sorry :)

Wolfcub hope i didnt get you in too much trouble hehehe

i'm testing mine out tomorrow with a couple of contingency blankets incase its not warm enough.

paul i got a decent canvas pack from the same site for ten quid it looks good with the bedroll on it or under it

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I'm thinking, do I pop along the road to my local boot market, or do I stay in for the postman's knock who might bring my bed roll today.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
same here , ive been looking out the front window this past week as half my order came and the receipt stated the rest would be delivered within 7 days ! lol:dunno::rolleyes:
ps i had to return half of my half filled order as the german army poncho had tram line rips down the front with repair tape hanging off !:dunno::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
A quick dash and back home and the postman has not been, the boss stayed in for me mind.
I came away with a tool roll of wood working bits (about 13 in number) and a hand brace.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
just phoned them up they said the order should have been sent out by now but on checking for a tracking number they could not find one and will send my bed roll out on tuesday !:dunno::dunno::(:(

ps they have just informed me that another part of my origional order from the 11th of october is now out of stock even though the website says it is in stock all this after being charged £7.53 for so called 24 hour delivery ??:red::red:

Miniwhisk

Forager
Apr 7, 2010
Gloucestershire
OOOh you forced me into it! Lol. Most of my gear is lightweight for the backpack etc., but Winter approaches and it kind of changes my thinking. Great for the car actually, and easily employed into car camping trips. Thanks for the heads up. (like others, I found myself browsing and added a few more things to the shopping trolley) ;)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
OK a quick review no pitcures yet :) will work on that this week.

http://www.militarymart.co.uk//Camping/Sleeping/Sleeping-Bags/czech-army-bed-roll/prod_1772.html

the above bedroll is a pertex-like outer which zips around three sides so you can open it out which in corperates a section for your head. the head/hood part does zip half way back and forms a small head hole but this can all be contained within the hood of the outer.

It is made up of three main part all which button together.

The inner is a rough cotton sheet with is of a light aqua green colour :) but makes it comfortable to rest in.
The main insulation comes from a button in blanket of which mine is a dark green colour, it is very warm used it in and out of the house this weekend and tried it out in the week as well.
The Outer as I said is a pertex type material.

It has thhree main straps to close up the bag, but I only have used the central one as this fits the best.
I did reproof the outer after a wash in tech wash then treated it to some nikwax gotex wash in.

Having used it this weekend out side down to tempretures of 6 degrees for comfort and insulation I used my mountain equipment mat, which i slipped under the blanket below me and inside the outer to keep it in place. I was warm and toasty inside and did not feel the cold at all.
I am not a small person and normally can move alot in my sleep, I had planty of room and settled down to a great nights sleep. The only thing I would say is that you would need to watch which the the wind is blowing because it is a botton in blanket and sheet on the inner you can have a bit of a gap when you zip up the outer as there is no insulation there. For the price ( I was someone who got it for the £10 :) ) I can say it is a great bed roll and will definately be getting used this winter on a few trips out and live in my car the rest of the time. although it is bulky it is not that heavy compared to alot of winter synthetic sleeping bags, but has a lot of room and is very comfortable.

I would note that even with the outer treated, in a complete down pour I would have extra protection of a tarp but that is me, as the weave is not as close as gortex and is a lot lighter.

For the price it is a great bargin I would certainly not hestiate to recomend this bag to people who want a decent nights sleep for a low cost.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Collected my bedroll from the boatyard office today. Delayed because of the rush on the original stock, was notified to that effect earlier. Original price, apparently unissued excellent kit. free folding cup thrown in by military Mart. Good service, like Arnie "I'll be back"...:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE