uncle ray

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've got one of his knives(the decent ones)

If he ever joined this great forum the boss may well have to put subs up to pay for his dinners.

Why do you lot have to be so bloody rude about a bloke that has done more for this hobby than any of you ever will. Do you have the perfect body then Silverback? Every had undiagnosed Lyme's? Not all men nearer fifty than forty work out everyday; some carry 'extra' weight all their lives but in his case it did not seem to slow him down to much in the past.

I doubt he's a member but I would think some of his staff look in from time to time and he must love the feedback off them.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Why do you lot have to be so bloody rude about a bloke that has done more for this hobby than any of you ever will. Do you have the perfect body then Silverback? Every had undiagnosed Lyme's? Not all men nearer fifty than forty work out everyday; some carry 'extra' weight all their lives but in his case it did not seem to slow him down to much in the past.

I doubt he's a member but I would think some of his staff look in from time to time and he must love the feedback off them.

52 myself,carrying plenty of extra weight round my middle,and a great admirer of Mr.Mears if my bookshelf is anything to go by, absolutely no offence intended

and posted in jest.

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
When on my fundamental course with woodlore I asked one of the assistants about what they think about forums etc. and as Mr. Fenna mentioned, he said it's better to be out doing the skills than sitting in front of a computer.
Makes sense really, but forums like this one are fantastic for sharing knowledge and helping each other out which is important as well I think.
cheers

outdoorpaddy

whiskersnitch

Oct 12, 2011
Upstate NY (not NYC), USA
Some people don't look like the type who would sit at a computer reading/posting on message boards and blogs and the like... He looks like one of those people. Not knocking him, as I wish I wasn't so needful of my online time either...

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
As mentioned above by John and outdoor paddy, thats the same response I have had about him being on here (or not as is the case) and that was from the man himself. Prefers to be out doing it rather than on here.

so why does he have an` on line` shop then :rolleyes:???

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE