Chinese Fivefingers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
been wearing mine constantly for over a month. is it just me or does it feel like the heel has a bit of a lift tae it?. folk seem tae love them tae especially my nurses haha i hope they replace the crocs always see nurses wearing. went for a run through muddy woods today and got them caked in mud...seems tae seep through the fabric really easy but i still love 'em :)

darrenleroy

Nomad
Jul 15, 2007
London
I received mine in the post on Tuesday after placing the order with Wiggle on Sunday evening. I ordered the KSO style:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vibram-fivefingers-ladies-kso-shoes/

I'm only a size 39 so I had to get women's but they're exactly the same as the men's so I don't care.

I went out yesterday for half-an-hour running around the park. I have to say I am a TOTAL CONVERT!!!!!! They are brilliantly liberating. I was very tentative at first, running like a Geisha on bound feet, but by the second lap my feet were flexing, toes spreading and reaching for every step. I got little cramps in the arches but that was muscle, tendon and sinew stretching after 37 years in a shoe-shaped straight jacket. Barefoot London marathon next year...

Tonight I ran to boot camp and still had the cramping in my arches. The soles of my feet were a little sore this morning but I expected this. I've had cushioning and arch support for the last 37 years so I have to allow a little adjustment. My neighbour suggested taking a photo of the impression my feet make on a piece of paper after being dipped in dyed water now and then in six months to see if my rather flat arches have responded to the workouts they'll be getting.

I'm doing the Pennine Three Peaks Challenge. 24 miles and I'm sorely tempted to wear mine.

Any reports and comparisons between the Five Fingers and the Chinese version of them. I'd love to know how people are getting on.

Reaps72

Forager
Jul 20, 2011
West Yorkshire
Has any tried looking on this site they ship to the UK & the shipping keeps the price reasonable:
http://www.vibramksos.com/

Worth a butchers! I have decided that next summer I will jump on the KSO wagon, keeping to boots for winter though, but switched to trek shoes this summer for all walking much better!

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I received mine in the post on Tuesday after placing the order with Wiggle on Sunday evening. I ordered the KSO style:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vibram-fivefingers-ladies-kso-shoes/

I'm only a size 39 so I had to get women's but they're exactly the same as the men's so I don't care.

I went out yesterday for half-an-hour running around the park. I have to say I am a TOTAL CONVERT!!!!!! They are brilliantly liberating. I was very tentative at first, running like a Geisha on bound feet, but by the second lap my feet were flexing, toes spreading and reaching for every step. I got little cramps in the arches but that was muscle, tendon and sinew stretching after 37 years in a shoe-shaped straight jacket. Barefoot London marathon next year...

Tonight I ran to boot camp and still had the cramping in my arches. The soles of my feet were a little sore this morning but I expected this. I've had cushioning and arch support for the last 37 years so I have to allow a little adjustment. My neighbour suggested taking a photo of the impression my feet make on a piece of paper after being dipped in dyed water now and then in six months to see if my rather flat arches have responded to the workouts they'll be getting.

I'm doing the Pennine Three Peaks Challenge. 24 miles and I'm sorely tempted to wear mine.

Any reports and comparisons between the Five Fingers and the Chinese version of them. I'd love to know how people are getting on.

Another one of us lol

Orric

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
It can take several months to get used to barefoot shoes so don't be surprised about aches and pains. As you say your feet have been so used to not flexing they have to stretch and that can be a shock
I'll have to look at these and see if I can get another cheap pair to go with my KSOs

Mark

jeffz

Forager
Apr 4, 2011
Surrey
No smells. They also make great climbing-shoes, and pack light. I took mine to Topanga with 20m of dyneema rope (super-light, super-strong) and a couple of carabiners. All in, about a kilo. Good enough for a few gentle climbs.

I do run in my Fivefingers, too. Takes a little getting used to, but you end up lighter on your feet, which is no bad thing.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thanks for trying to help - I get 28 pages and my laptop is slow to load each page so I have given up - it was mainly out of interest anyway as a possible Christmas present for someone - I'll get something else

Go to the site and then search for Unique stylish outdoor shoes and you will get a page up with the different sizes.
[h=1][/h] [h=1][/h]

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Go to the site and then search for Unique stylish outdoor shoes and you will get a page up with the different sizes.
[h=1][/h] [h=1][/h]

Ahhhh - thanks - I may actually have found them before and not realised that the shoes had toes in, due to the small picture

darrenleroy

Nomad
Jul 15, 2007
London
Has any tried looking on this site they ship to the UK & the shipping keeps the price reasonable:
http://www.vibramksos.com/

Worth a butchers! I have decided that next summer I will jump on the KSO wagon, keeping to boots for winter though, but switched to trek shoes this summer for all walking much better!

I think the prices look way too low in comparison to other sites and would be wary of buying from this site. If it looks too good to be true it probably is. If anyone has bought from that site please let us know how you got on.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
I think the prices look way too low in comparison to other sites and would be wary of buying from this site. If it looks too good to be true it probably is. If anyone has bought from that site please let us know how you got on.

They are certainly not listed on the Vibram Fivefingers site as a authorised dealer. I suspect the old saying of 'If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is." Less than 50 notes for a KSO, compared to around 95 from the official EU site.. I'd love to see this offer being genuine but the cynic in me says otherwise.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE