Mears and Mcgregor?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
Does anyone know where I could order a copy of the program where Ewan Mcgregor goes into the Honduran Jungle with Mears?
Here's the other problem: being from Australia I need it to be a region 4 dvd... hmmm
thanks,
Wentworth

leon-1

I am pretty sure the last time that was shown on the box it had been edited, because I was absolutley sure that Mr McGregor threw a bit of a wobbler the first time I saw it and the second time it was shown it wasn't in there :)

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Same here, but I wasn't sure if I was just imagining it from the preface of Ray's Bushcraft book, where Ewan talks about going off on one , hacking away, only to come back 10 mins later and Ray asking "Did you get bitten by any snakes?"

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Motorbike Man said:
Any reason for the Tracks programmes and this not to make dvd?

Ritchie asked Ray about this earlier this year and he said he didnt think they would ever be available again.

They are not owned my RM, in fact I think the ownership is convoluted and of course as RM's media value has increased since the tracks series was made they have a value to some while they are locked away in the BBC vaults, so don't hold your breath.

sandbender said:
Ritchie asked Ray about this earlier this year and he said he didnt think they would ever be available again.

They are not owned my RM, in fact I think the ownership is convoluted and of course as RM's media value has increased since the tracks series was made they have a value to some while they are locked away in the BBC vaults, so don't hold your breath.
How annoying is that. Surely the Beeb realise that if they were to release them as dvds, they'd sell like hot cakes now

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I'm not digging, sniping or anything else as I really dont care whether these are released or not (before someone moans) - but I would also guess there's politics/legalities involved somewhere.

Reason I say this is when I worked for Woodlore I remember Ray saying how he told the BBC that if World of survival. Extreme survival ect had his name on it he would decide what they showed to the public (good or bad?), I think there is a contract about it all - things like tracks and the Ewen thing he has no control over or these are outside the contract or some other legal thing - but with his name being trade marked and such I reckon the Beeb cant release them without his ok either - sort of a catch 22!

Shame as tracks was what dragged me from Survival skills towards bushcraft and I think it would do all bushcrafters old and new good to see bushcraft at its purest, unpolluted by modern trends!

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
A real shame about the unlikelyhood of tracks making it onto dvd but why no dvd of Rays first tv programme,that was really good and i would buy it for sure as i expect others would too.

Bushpig

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2005
www.spiritgarden.co.uk
Well, if they were put outo n t.v hen chances are someone has copies online somewhere. Maybe check various warez sites ( disclaimer: please dont do anything illegal on my advice ). But what im saying is that I bet some1 somewhere has copies. Just gotta keep looking

Booosh

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE