FireSteel/Ball

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Ok, so I lost my FireSteel and have given up looking for it. I also gave up wading through search results for "FireSteel price" and variants.

So, I'm in the market for a new one. A FireBall seems better value for money without the handle. Although - can anybody tell me if the lack of handle means it's prone to slip out of hand or otherwise be more difficult to use?

And; supplier. Where can I pick up a good bargain? - the problem seems to be that I have to pay full P&P even though the product is very light, so free P&P would be a bonus.

Thanks all.

leon-1

Motorbike Man said:
What's a FireBall Biddelsby?

He is talking about a fireball firesteel, it is essentially the light my fire firesteel without a handle.

Biddlesby said:
A FireBall seems better value for money without the handle. Although - can anybody tell me if the lack of handle means it's prone to slip out of hand or otherwise be more difficult to use?

It doesn't matter, if you think that it would be better with a handle get a peice of wood and a 10mm drill, bit drill a hole in your peice of wood and araldite the firesteel in place, then you have a handle :)

leon-1 said:
He is talking about a fireball firesteel, it is essentially the light my fire firesteel without a handle.
Ah I see, I thought it was some new gadget no one had told me about yet :D

leon-1 said:
It doesn't matter, if you think that it would be better with a handle get a peice of wood and a 10mm drill, bit drill a hole in your peice of wood and araldite the firesteel in place, then you have a handle :)
That's what I did with mine although I can't remember where I got mine from now.

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
You could always send Gary at Bearclaw an e-mail or pm pleading with him that you are a poor student (who is saving up to buy one of his knives) and ask that he reduce the p&p costs. It might work.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
KIMBOKO said:
You could always send Gary at Bearclaw an e-mail or pm pleading with him that you are a poor student (who is saving up to buy one of his knives) and ask that he reduce the p&p costs. It might work.

Nick, et al,
I usually do if you email me first!

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
Sorry to say but Gary won't be able to reply as he has been banned. I suggest you contact him direct. I think the P&P would be £1 but as I said you would need to contact him.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE