Beards?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you have a beard?

• yes

Votes: 131 64.9%
  • no

Votes: 59 29.2%
  • I try but can't grow one.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I'm a lady so errr no.

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Most definitely yes. Grew it a bit longer this summer (to match the earrings and go pirating on the high seas arr har). The missus said she didn't like it longer but I just told the wench to fetch me grog and have done with it...arr har.

kawasemi

Redwall

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2011
Bristol
I'd like to spend a good time growing it out but after a few weeks of voracious growth it stops at the alternative teenager look and refuses to become more beardy.

The other problem is during term time I have to shave twice a week for Officer Training Corps and also to instruct little darlings (Army Cadets).

Hopefully one day I can grow an Arctic explorer/Special Forces beard!

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
Yep! F-all to do with bushcraft as i only have a long "goatee" to quote the GQ/fashion mags etc - had it 25 years, Shaved it off only once and the missus wanted a divorce! Make of that what you will! I occassionally grow a full one in the cold season but generally have it at around 3- 4 inches long. Suits me an dont need much caring for. I shudda been a pirate or a bloke wiv no razor blades :rolleyes:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I thought this might tickle some interest ;)

559646965v3_480x480_Front_Color-MilitaryGreen.jpg

Pic #01 from The Beardly Store

And, with more detail ...

FlBdM.jpg

Pic 02# from Imgur

No connection to either site/company.

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
I'd love to grow a full set,but unfortunately,I spent quite a bit of time crawling about in the kind of places where you find some really nasty stuff (asbestos, century old coal dust,etc) so I have to keep mine closely trimmed to avoid breaking the seal of a respirator. According to a mate of mine who's an ex Marine, my beard is the same style as the Norwegian Army allow, for much the same reason.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
PS:

The thread really got me inspired again...

The beard is back: 30 days in, and it's slowly looking like a bit more than a 5 o'clock shadow...

mike_30_days.jpg

Feels good!

furryface

Jul 8, 2011
cornwalll
dont really intend to grow a beard,just can only be bothered to shave once every three to four weeks or so. thats how i got the name.love the pic by jacknife, looks like someone i know.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE