Killala Bay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Nice shots, the silhouette comes off really nicely.
Just a few of my thoughts - not trying to teach you how to suck eggs (!) maybe a dramatic horizontal crop would help draw in the eye better. Something like 2/3rds of the sky to 1/3rd beach. This would work well with pic 1.
Also all that's missing is a red sky sunset!

Look forward to the next batch!

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
You can tell me how to suck eggs.

I don't mind because you've just spoke a foreign language. All i know is point and click. Messing about with the shots after is beyond my skills :)

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Ha, no worries - most programs the import photo's will let you crop. I upload with www.picasa.com which will let you water mark and touch up - and it's free too!
If you're interested in my babbling about playing with the rule of 3rds then I've quickly uploaded an example:
bushcraft%252520pic.jpg

It just plays around with the horizon ;-) Keep 'em coming - nice part of the UK to photograph!

All the best

Last edited:

mountainy man

Jun 23, 2010
sligo, ireland
Lol, not uk :eek: nevermind, the irish have taken essex :lmao: My grandparents had a shop in Kilalla back in the 40's its a lovely place, you were lucky to get time to take the photos when it wasn't raining, been a terible year .

Last edited:

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
I don't know what you mean by 'terrible year'. I spent 2 weeks in shorts!!! but I know what you mean ;-)

My nana was from Killlala and worked in the doctors there as a teenager, before emmigrating to the UK in 1946 I think.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE