Show us your spydercos

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I thought the UK legal ones (slipits IIRC) have the two finger cut outs the last one nearest the blade takes the index finger in to the best position to use it and also acts as a kind of locking effect during use. The tip has a pronounced is it choil (??) for to aid cutting and prevent slippage too. Or at least that is kinda what I once read about them. They look good IMHO. I actually think they look better than the clumsy opinel knives (locking I know) IMHO.

After all those comments I guess I really should buy one. Not got one but have drooled over the laptop whilst looking at them on Heinnie's and some other sites. This leads me to the question if you were to buy only one as a UK legal EDC which one? I reckon I'll get the question about what I intend to use it for. At which point I'll save you asking the question and day I don't know, what do you use yours for? Seriously, what do you use your syderco knives for? Sorry for the slight hijack but perhaps for us spyderco wannabe owners (without a clue as to why we NEED one) would find it interesting as well as showing and telling us which versions you own what you use them for or what are they best at?

As far as I go I like them from the littlest bug to the largest syderco. I am not a big knife owner (two SAKs, one clipper, one cheapo oddities keyring locker (sits in the car to cut the cable ties on my hub caps when I need to change a tyre), one opinel (7 I think), one cheapo two blade english pocket knife (my first ever knife when I was bout 6years) and a whitby locker that is about 1.5" long blade (nice dark, gunmetal colour with clip and a skeleton style, very nice and when clipped into my outdoors trousers they completely match the colour so it can't be seen - hence the numerous trips round the washing machine it's had). Anyway I think with that probably pathetic knife count I could do with a Spyderco but which one??

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Get the UKPK FRN with leaf blade. Nice inexpensive and legal. Light, slim and unobtrusive to carry. I use it everyday.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I get mine at Heinnies as they are the only ones to have the black FRN in stock. Free and fast postage too.

http://heinnie.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=6778

6778.jpg

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
JD, Wilderbeast - Are you on commission because that exchange looked quite slick there?!! ;) :D

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I bought a Spyderco Bug for my wife. To be honest, it is way too small for most applications, but it is a freat little knife for putting on a keyring. I might have to get one for myself.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
paul id agree with jonathan the frn ukpk for the price is a brill bit of kit and will do anything most knives will do. my personal favorite at the moment for edc is the urban leaf which is a great knife but is over twice as expensive and to be fair isnt over twice as good but to me its worth every penny, i like the flat grind and the size is great for edc as you dont feel like your carrying a large knife in your pocket in the wrong place. mine gets used 90% of the time and my fixed blade the other 10 as unless im out for any long period of time or doing some carving then the spydy is perfect and legal.
ash

cerbera

May 10, 2010
N. Ireland
If we could legally carry locking blades I'm sure I'd have more Spydies :D

Until then I'll happily make do with my UKPK's. And of course the lil' Bug at the bottom :D

The burgundy FRN model has moved to another home but the two G10 UKPK's are definite keepers :)

S1053721.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE