Show us your spydercos

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Im shaw there must be a few people here that are lucky enough to own imho one of the best folders on the market my latest is the urban leaf foliage green i decided to get this model because of its size tje blade is flat ground vg10 non locking and only measures 65mm so dosnt look to threatening so is ideal for edc, my last spydy was 74 mm and there is a noticable diference.
anyway i love this nife i feels great in the hand and i love the way it opens one handed i rugurly find myself sitting there opening and closing it,strange but therapeutic.
Basicly a great nife. SO lets see yours
Heres a couple of pour pics it actualy a pale green colour
c123841c-6f0a-536d.jpg
c1238412-6f1a-ee38.jpg
c1238413-6f2b-9217.jpg
c1238407-6f3f-0a0f.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
nope, not me i'm afraid. really don't like the "hole", never owned one and probably never will.

You really oughta you know. Utterly brilliant blades. The UKPK is possibly THE best UK legal knife ever designed. Ugly blighter and the hole and design bugged me no end before I got my hands on one. But you hold one and use one.... you don't look back.

Got me all the UKPK derivatives from G10, FRN, carbon fibre and the amazing titanium version. Always have one on me.

The Tenacious I regard as the best value folding knife in its class as large locker. The FRN UKPK's the same as EDC legal. Best value folders out there, and I'm far from alone in that opinion.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
One of the best knives i have and have ever owned.
Very very rarely without mine.
IMAG0092.jpg

PS anyone know who the feather belongs too? sry for thread hijack.

Last edited:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i've never owned one (i fall into the "too ugly for words" line of thinking on spydercos, although i'm slowly changing my mind) but i have handled quite a few and can only agree with jonathan that they're superb little knives, beautifully made, lovely feel in the hand, and perfectly fit for purpose. i've never known a spyderco owner to have a bad word to say about them

stuart

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
I must admit they are rather tactical looking but i quite like that. There just great to use and although expensive they feel quality and are the only knife iv owned that i want more and more.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The FRN's are very reasonable though. And the Chinese range is very inexpensive and is top top quality.

My fave UKPK's... don't leave home without one.

DSC00159.jpg

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
I was non committal about Spydies until very recently, when I fell for the Balance with carbon fibre scales, and now I get what all the fuss is about - superb ergonomics and build quality. Now I own an Urban in foliage green too, also a superb knife. I can't wait to get more, probably a Squeak soon.
P2140229.jpg

(sorry about the poor quality pic)

Last edited:

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
very nice selection you have there jd, iv been tempted with the titanium myself but not took the plunge yet. i wish they would widen the ukpk flat grind range abit as i dont buy lockers but theres some great looking ones on heinnie.
thanks ash

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Surely the architypal (if thats how it spelt) Marmite knife, to me, well engineered, pig ugly, way too wide to sit comfortably in the pocket and how does all that unnecessary extra steel to accomodate the 'Hole' fall perfectly in the hand as shed loads of owners say it does, about as svelte as an indian elephant on free doughnut friday........Hmmmn I'll fetch me coat before I'm served Marmite on finely shredded toast

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Surely the architypal (if thats how it spelt) Marmite knife, to me, well engineered, pig ugly, way too wide to sit comfortably in the pocket and how does all that unnecessary extra steel to accomodate the 'Hole' fall perfectly in the hand as shed loads of owners say it does, about as svelte as an indian elephant on free doughnut friday........Hmmmn I'll fetch me coat before I'm served Marmite on finely shredded toast

There you go you see. It fits hand in glove into the pocket. And you said it yourself. All that extra steel fits perfectly into the hand, as
shed loads of owners say it does

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
There you go you see. It fits hand in glove into the pocket. And you said it yourself. All that extra steel fits perfectly into the hand, as

Marmite sir:swordfigh Marmite, undoudtedly well made but as repugnant as the black stuff my wife and 2 of the kids spread on their toast in aesthetic terms.

That said any ukpk's available for purely compatabilty comparison tests only do feel free to contact:)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Marmite sir:swordfigh Marmite, undoudtedly well made but as repugnant as the black stuff my wife and 2 of the kids spread on their toast in aesthetic terms.

In aesthetic terms I'd agree. But it's all about carrying and using, and in that, they excell. You really do have to handle one to see what the fuss is all about.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
Here are my Spydercos.

An Endura from the early 1990's that I have since retired, a Delica 4 that is my current EDC, and a Ladybug that was my EDC when I worked in an office.

13Oct10006.jpg

wickerman

May 6, 2010
norfolk
this is mine best £32 i have spent in ages,great build and finish G10 scales and very sharp out of the box.sorry about pic took on blackberry.

013-6.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE