What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Bid on and won on ebay a pretty little Poole pottery vase thing for my best mate's 25th wedding anniversary present.

Can't really see the point of such trinkets myself and nor can he but he knows his wife will like it. I feel marginally guilty though, I waited 10 seconds till the bidding ended at 9pm last night and then hit "confirm bid". Nabbed it £2 under my max bid. Someone must have turned the air blue getting gazzumped by me like that.

I am resisting buying kit nowadays as the space I use to store it is already still full, so I'll be having another clear, sort and cull session very soon.... or maybe I should just move it all to a bigger storage area? ... thin end of the wedge that I think.

Oh well dem's the breaks

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
just got me some DPM goretex salopettes, didn't like the wind and wet getting up inside my waterproof jacket and down my trousers on my last trip to the lakes, found the rucksack pushed my trousers down and exposed my underlayers to the elements. got these brand new still got the MOD care instructions tagged onto them too, for...wait for it, £15 delivered! fantastic, very light, full bib front, zipped side gussets, good braces. very pleased. will do for fishing and shooting, bushy stuff and fowl weather walks.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Got me Fenix E05 and a fisher pen through today. Well, apparently the 120grit stone for my ordered Edge Pro Apex is out of stock and on back order so as a result I'm being sent a 1000 grit stone and a tape blank and fifteen 2000 grit polishing tapes.. For anyone who is looking for a good supplier or this sharpening system, Lloydknives have so far proved to have great customer service (apart from selling me an item they didn't have of course.. :p) But great compensation, without me even asking for it.

... and a pair of Alta knee pads in the mail today....

Dude, where did you get them from? Spent AGES searching for a supplier of them in the UK a while back. Gave up in the end..

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Dude, where did you get them from? Spent AGES searching for a supplier of them in the UK a while back. Gave up in the end..

I bought mine at amazon.de (note that apparently they don't have it at amazon.co.uk). I got them for 30 EUR plus 4,80 EUR postage within Germany. To the UK they seem to charge 15 EUR.

Maybe have a look at other amazon shops (Ireland or Scandinavia?) or Ebay sellers.

The knee pads are great, btw.

Hope this helps.

ATB

Mike

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
I bought mine at amazon.de (note that apparently they don't have it at amazon.co.uk). I got them for 30 EUR plus 4,80 EUR postage within Germany. To the UK they seem to charge 15 EUR.

Awesome, thanks mate! Bookmarked for when I have built up enough cash for another purchase. :)

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I had Ronny deliver me an 8L Dutch Oven as I have been after one for a while. Going to make me some bread & do me a chicken at the weekend.

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Bear Grylls trousers, I have wanted a pair of these for a while and with the price being right £40 in the sale I got them today and may I say I am truly pleased with my purchase they are really light weight.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Bear Grylls trousers, I have wanted a pair of these for a while and with the price being right £40 in the sale I got them today and may I say I am truly pleased with my purchase they are really light weight.

Nice one, I've often looked at them and almost gone for it. I chose the DofE 'venturer' trousers instead but am still tempted sometimes. Do you have the venturers as well? If so, what are they like in comparison?

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
i keep looking at the Bear stuff, they had some trousers in takkimaxx, should i shouldn't i.... most of his range actually, putting my hands up here, looks quite good!

Fjällräven

Jul 29, 2011
Denmark
- Fjällräven barents trousers, dark olive/black
- Ray Mears quick release lanyard
- Ray Mears canvas pouch
- Quick release lanyard from Kepis here at BCUK
- Original viking firesteel to use with flint (flint can I find loads of 100 meters from my house)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE