NEWS OF THE WORLDS dramatic ending

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I think, though, it is too easy to jump on the 'bash the media' bandwagon. Remember there are plenty of decent journalists at the NoW who have never hacked a phone or bribed a policeman who will now lose their jobs.

To be prefectly honest I don't know any of the sordid details of this affair and I'm not that bothered but I got the distinct impression that simply closing the newspaper wasn't quite as drastic as people losing their jobs but simply changing the front cover page to The Sun on Sunday. All those people will be back to work at their desks if not the same building and they'll be back churning out the same fertiliser, but just making sure they cover their ar$es better the next time.

Yeah I'm a cynic when it comes to this.

Hey, I freely admit I could be wrong about the job losses, maybe there are people put of work but shutting the paper down won't cure it or make amends for what they've done. Same with a politican who resigns after being found guilty of fiddling expences. It hardly makes the man accountable or pays the consquences for it. He just jumped before he was pushed. Hearing on the news of someone actually doing jail time over it would make my hour. I wouldn't say day or week because that would make it osund as though I actually cared a lot about the subject.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
To be prefectly honest I don't know any of the sordid details of this affair and I'm not that bothered but I got the distinct impression that simply closing the newspaper wasn't quite as drastic as people losing their jobs but simply changing the front cover page to The Sun on Sunday. All those people will be back to work at their desks if not the same building and they'll be back churning out the same fertiliser, but just making sure they cover their ar$es better the next time.

Yeah I'm a cynic when it comes to this.

Hey, I freely admit I could be wrong about the job losses, maybe there are people put of work but shutting the paper down won't cure it or make amends for what they've done. Same with a politican who resigns after being found guilty of fiddling expences. It hardly makes the man accountable or pays the consquences for it. He just jumped before he was pushed. Hearing on the news of someone actually doing jail time over it would make my hour. I wouldn't say day or week because that would make it osund as though I actually cared a lot about the subject.

I'm sure that is exactly what will happen.

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
How far does this NOW hacking stink go, spying on the Royals now. Jim and Babs will be furious, Lurkio, David don,t care but Denise thinks they,ll grass them into the social.

phil

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
The people who lost their jobs at NOTW were complicit in the whole thing even if they didn't personally hack phones. They knew what type of paper it was when they took the job and to work at a top newspaper like that you have to really WANT the job, they don't just take anybody who wanders in. They all read the garbage they were printing, they all knew it was lies and propaganda so I don't feel sorry for them. I hope the Sun goes next.

The Americans have Murdoch to thank for Fox News - more of his slop.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
The people who lost their jobs at NOTW were complicit in the whole thing even if they didn't personally hack phones. They knew what type of paper it was when they took the job and to work at a top newspaper like that you have to really WANT the job, they don't just take anybody who wanders in. They all read the garbage they were printing, they all knew it was lies and propaganda so I don't feel sorry for them. I hope the Sun goes next.

The Americans have Murdoch to thank for Fox News - more of his slop.

I completely agree with you. I would never work for an organisation like that and I'm not weeping for any of them. Murdoch has now apparently pulled out of the BSkyB deal, he still owns 39% of it though. Personally I want his whole filthy empire kicked out of the UK, and I'm certainly not the only one who feels this way.

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
I am glad to see that you can tell the difference between football and sport!
I have boycotted the Sunday Times since the colour supplement twisted my words in an interview in 2000 and made me look even more of a plonker than I actually am!
The worst form of journalism possible posing as informed writing!
I realy think that the quality of journalism has crashed to an all time low - from not a very high position to start with - and Murdochs boys lead the way!
...and this is from someone who earns a good proportion of his income from writing for the press!

where can i get a copy of this interview :lmao: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
Well seems like Bekka girl has decided on a new career, pity about the NOW eh. But does this mean that the other 3 rags never had the same levels of honesty, I personally would not trust any of them enough to have my chips wrapped in.

phil

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
So poor Bekka got lifted today, just after lunch when she had nothing else to do. Imagine that eh charged and warned not to say anything that might jeopardise the Police investigation. Nothing to do with the enquiry starting this tuesday, maybe she had a wee word in her ear eh. What do we know after all we are just mushrooms, how far does this go.

phil

Last edited:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I tried to make a reply to this of several sentences but it came up as message being too short.

go figure....honestly..

Maybe 'cos I've signed the official secrets act years ago?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE