Less than £300k

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Fancy a log cabin, two guest cabins, barn, green house, on river full of fish surrounded by woods for less than £300K?

http://forsaleriversedge.blogspot.com/p/home.html

If I was a little younger with working knees and back I'd sell up and buy this in an instant.

Some semi detatched fetch that near us even now :(

Hi, thanks for viewing our site! and for passing it on to other interested parties! I have been looking around BushcraftUK and it is a very interesting site. I like it and so thought I would give you a bit of information about the Chilcotin region of British Columbia. First, we have a very active Search and Rescue group to which my husband and I both belong. We are all quite involved in wilderness activities and love this remote and beautiful area. If you would like to know more about businesses, activites and people in the area, check out this site: www.ChilcotinChatter.com
I noticed some people were interested in Wilderness first aid and wanted to pass on that this spring (and every spring) one of our SAR members hosts a very successful wilderness first aid camp. As far as Canada being strict on immigration, I am a US citizen married to a Canadian. You really do not need anything special to buy and live at property here. You do not need an excess of funds or special skills. You do not need to marry a Canadian as I did, that was just a bonus for me. Come, check out the area.... Ask me questions. I look forward to exploring more around your site BushCraftUK. We have started regular trips to the UK for exploring, biking and hiking. Maybe we will learn something here! Thanks.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Hi, thanks for viewing our site! and for passing it on to other interested parties! I have been looking around BushcraftUK and it is a very interesting site. I like it and so thought I would give you a bit of information about the Chilcotin region of British Columbia. First, we have a very active Search and Rescue group to which my husband and I both belong. We are all quite involved in wilderness activities and love this remote and beautiful area. If you would like to know more about businesses, activites and people in the area, check out this site: www.ChilcotinChatter.com
I noticed some people were interested in Wilderness first aid and wanted to pass on that this spring (and every spring) one of our SAR members hosts a very successful wilderness first aid camp. As far as Canada being strict on immigration, I am a US citizen married to a Canadian. You really do not need anything special to buy and live at property here. You do not need an excess of funds or special skills. You do not need to marry a Canadian as I did, that was just a bonus for me. Come, check out the area.... Ask me questions. I look forward to exploring more around your site BushCraftUK. We have started regular trips to the UK for exploring, biking and hiking. Maybe we will learn something here! Thanks.

Hi Ba3sil, welcome to the site. I'll make you a deal...you guarantee citizenship for my family and I and I'll buy your property. I've looked at emigrating before and cannot fulfil the strict criteria.

well, yes, that is true. But I didn't need to do that to buy property or to live here. The spouse provides me with access to the health care and the ability to bring my "stuff" across the border. But even before I married him, I was able to buy temporary medical insurance to cover me while on my travel visa. I did have to go through the emigration process which was a hassle. The largest hurdle to cross in the application process is speaking French. If I could have said that I speak, read, write French fluently then I would have been welcomed with open arms and not had to do so much paperwork. But in the end it got done. We do have two friends from Germany who are in the final bit of a successful application to become landed immigrants. They are not married to Canadians. So, yes, it is harder if you don't have a "sponsor", but do-able.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I can buy property in Canada and stay for six months at a time on a visitors visa, beyond that life becomes more difficult for a Brit. I had to retire early from nursing but for a brit to retire to Canada you get there on 'Investor' status, i.e. I put at least $400,000CAD in a bank IIRC

You have a wonderful property there, and a fantastic price compared to the looney tune prices UK property goes for.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Welcome Ba3sil - lovely property there! Now if only I could persuade the Mrs.......Trouble is, she'd insist on a Snowbird place in Florida for the winter months as well. Hmm - 6 months a year in Canada, 6 months in the US - no visa problems!

Now all I need is the money!

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hi Ba3sil and welcome. Belive it or not, i have been looking to move to your area for some time now (alas, your place is a little over buget for me). Hopefully be coming out this spring. Would you mind if i pm'd you a few questions about living and working in your area.
Cheers
Baggins

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, can't get the pictures, I feel I'm missing out. Do you have much use for graphic designers in their late 30's (first time I've had to use that phrase, now feel depressed) over there?

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
After reading " Up the yukon without a paddle ", Canada became a dream for me. I remember going through the points application on line ( just a quick looky see ) and not speaking french was the cruncher for me too. If i had to pick anywhere in the world to live it would be Canada followed by Wales ( only if i was Welsh though lol. I used to date a girl from caerphilly ( sounds like a song ). I would drive up there from South East london after work for a long weekend - 4 hours door to door. She warned me never to speak though whenever we were shopping because of my accent.
Log cabin used to be top of the list but now i mix it up with cave house, tree house, shipping container house and yurt.
Can't see the pictures here either but from the countless pictures of other properties i looked at i know it will be beautiful.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I've got my wood cabin and they'll have to carry me out of it in a wooden box before I go anywhere! I'll guarantee though, as nice as it sounds to some people, not everyone could adapt to the lifestyle. It might be nice to holiday in one but for some, the mother of my son included, they can't hack it. :-(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE