G-Shock watches.....advice needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
It's a good watch but the Argos price seems a bit high, try shopping around. Some eBay sellers are worth checking out, look at the feedback and see if there are recommendations on the http://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/ forum before buying. Many sellers are trading the real thing.

I have an analogue G-Shock. It's been absolutely fantastic, it can really take the knocks and bumps. I got one with a nylon strap because I like them better than resin or metal. I bought mine from Hong Kong for around 45 quid including postage.

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
The 2 best features in G Shock watches are IMO the solar battery charging and the wave-ceptor auto-time adjustment. Bombproof. Argos actually have a cracking deal on a retro style watch with both of those features if you like that style?

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I've got one of those, and have worn it virtually every day for the last couple of years. I like the robustness of G-Shocks - this is my second - and the fact that you can wear it in the shower, when swimming etc if you are so inclined. keeps good time too.

Another good thing IMO is that there aren't 800 different settings/displays, and it's very straight forward to set - although the hands set button is a bit tricky to keep pressed down.

What I don't like about this particular watch is that I can't see the digital display (for the date, stopwatch etc) clearly in lower light, nor does the luminous bit on the hands work very well. I think the digital display should be larger to be effective. Might be my eyes of course!

The Argos price looks very high. My local Hinds has them for about £70, but I paid less than £50 from a supplier on Amazon; definitely worth shopping around!

So, the verdict from me is that it's a good everyday watch, but for me at least, not so good in lower light conditions.

Hope that helps.

Ropeman

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
Aberdeen
Had one and sold it quickly, the hands seemed to be covering the display every time I looked at it. If I want hands on a watch I use a proper watch with hands, most of the time I wear a G-5600 something or other that does solar power and radio controlled time adjustments. Simple, faultless and doesn't feel like I'm wearing a Big Mac under my jacket.

Amazon is certainly the place to get cheap G-Shocks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE