Sussex/Kent Meet - 10-12th June 2011 @ Broadstone Warren, East Grinstead

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
im really looking foreward to this,, but i have a maths exam on the monday following, so will probably have to go either early on sunday or saturday night, but will come at 1400 on friday.

is there anything we need to bring in the way of communual food?? or camp supplies?

look foreward to seeing you guys in the flesh
Lonja

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
il be arriving later today probs nearer the evening though to get some revision in beforehand, is anyone else coming tonight?

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Same here I am afraid. My car is playing up & I dont want to risk the journey. Have a great time & will see you on the next one

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
Just got home,its a definite thumbs up from me,plenty of water stand pipes all over the place ours was 10 metres from the fire,plenty of fallen timber to use,pitch could have been better as there is a road that runs alongside,so maybe we could try another plot,but I am being picky.But very nice place,oh and toilets with hot water and showers,a blessing.:)

DaveWL

Forager
Mar 13, 2011
Cheshire, UK
Sounds like a good set up. Looking forward to the next meet up out there. How was the site as a whole - busy? Got to be less noise problems than we had at Forgewood ....

I'm going off with MrsDave and the little one to another site in East Sussex next weekend. Wilderness Wood - http://www.wildernesswood.co.uk/camp.htm

It seems a little on the pricey side - ends up being £120+ for two nights and the intervening day. But if enough went it might be an option - if eight bods go it works out to about £15 each. We might be able to negotiate something for later in the year when they're less busy.

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
yeah site was busy,there where hundreds of cubs there,but we never really heard or saw them.Only time you would have seem them was if you had gone down to reception,as ther is a shop next door selling sweets and momentos,I think they were kept under close supervision most of the time.

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
nothing photographically amazing but still pictures

all from the saturday.
Lonja

20110611-DSC_4128.jpg

20110611-DSC_4130.jpg

20110611-DSC_4124.jpg

20110611-DSC_4123.jpg

20110611-DSC_4126.jpg

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
good stuff chaps, sadly i cant make the next one either, but it looks like a grand spot, im itching to get there now

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
dont know, im not there........................not helpfull i know :)
i think there was a thread in the sussex group

Lonja

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE