knots on a hootchie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
I've done a search of previous threads for this, but can't find any to help me.

I recently bought a hootchie, and what I want to know is, what knot is best to attach the guy lines to the corners of the hootchie?

Cheers,
Dan

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
Cheers, that'll be what I'll use then!

Whilst I'm on the subject (of hootchies), like a tent, is it recommended to store the hootchie loose (as apposed to rolled up tight), when storing for a length of time? To prevent it getting musty or something?

Dan

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I'd imagine if you are packing it away for a few weeks then there wont be a problem, if packing it away for the winter I'd leave it loosely rolled on top of a wardrobe or something.

But make sure its dry before packing it away for more than a day... obviously
:D

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I find that keeping my basha rolled up for extended periods is no problem at all, so long as it's completely dry.

When you think about all of these things, they spend months and even years tightly packed in the bag they barely go back in to at military stores and then shops before you buy them. If they self destructed after being stored this way, you'd never be able to use even a "new" one.

Same goes for down jackets and about anything else you are to mention, just make sure it's dry and clean and appreciate all the free space you have by packing it up tightly.

Joe

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Agree totally with Joe that there's no problem storing a dry tent of basha rolled up. Arguably better for them because the one thing that definately degrads nylon is exposure to sunlight - so packed is better.

I think the argument's different about down gear though. For warmth you need it to loft, and it doesn't do that as well if it's been crushed in a small sack for months. All our down gear is stored in loose bags like old pillowcases or duvet covers and only packed down for the trip. Buy your kit from places that have a good stock turnover and keep the kit on hangers, not packed.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE