lofty wiseman survival tool 8 inch??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
+1
It's heavy, thick, poor steel, heavy, has a bad sheath, has a bad handle and is heavy.
I had one. I sold it. Postage cost a bit as it was so heavy.
Buy 5 machetes for the same price, they'll work just as well, if not better, and probably weigh the same.
NB: Mine was the older version

Last edited:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
i tried one at my first dartmoor meet steve from trueways had the older version agianst the chris caine tool i think the chris caine was better inmo regards dave

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
found this for a fraction of the price, anybody used this company before??

I haven't used them (yet:)) but I've heard a few reports which have been generally positive. I think they're essentially recycled lorry springs, which is fine as far as I'm concerned although I do find a spring steel stick tang can give your hand a wallop now and then when chopping if you don't get the stroke quite right.

There are probably people here who have their products, but more likely over on British Blades.

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Loads cheaper here [...]

"Bolo KUKHRI Sword Knife"??? Give me a break!

If the OP doesn't want even a larger parang then this is probably way too big for him. My wife uses one in the garden. Thirteen inch blade, six inch handle, overall about nineteen inches. 420 stainless. Quite a nice bit of kit and lots of meat on the blade for when I have to take out the dings where she finds rocks or the odd bit of steel reinforcing bar. I wouldn't want her coming after me with it but I can think of more effective weapons. Speaking of which, I imagine it would be illegal to advertise the product in that way here in the UK. I don't know what the rules are about actually buying such things from Internet suppliers but you might need to be careful about import restrictions, taxes, Royal Mail fees for when it all goes pear-shaped. That has all been, er, done to death here several times.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
why not just make a decent blade from a piece of steel from Cromwells, it might cost the same or a little more but would be to your spec......

worth a thought????????

regards

chris...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE