Wanted Puppy - Essex (ish)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Baggy

Settler
Oct 22, 2009
Essex, UK
www.markbaigent.co.uk
Hi,

Our beloved lab died in December and we have decided the house isn't the same without a dog in it. If anyone out there has a puppy they are trying to find a loving home for then we can provide one.
We have had dogs for the last 20+ years and are very experienced dog owners. We have a large 150ft back garden and do not leave our dogs on their own during the day (I work from home).
We always take our dog with us on holiday and when we go out. We take daily dog walks and always clean up after our dogs.

Our previous dogs have been:
Border Collie/Lab cross made the grand age of 16
Bull Terrier/Lab cross only made 5 due to cancer
Lab/Rottie cross 11 years

Hope to hear back soon
BW
Mark, Debbie & Gina

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Have you visited your local rescue kennels? They get puppies there as well as older dogs; when we picked up our latest the kennels had a full litter of lab/? cross pups.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Also look online for various breed rescues. I have seen links in various parts of the UK. Especially remember seeing rescue sites for Labs, Rottwiellers, and Boxers; among others. And yes, sometimes they have puppies.

Last edited:

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Do you like lurchers and various greyhound types (whippets, Italian greys etc.)? The reason I ask is IIRC there is a highly respected Lurcher rescue organisation down south somewhere (sorry a northerner who thinks the South East is all one county as far as I know). Evesham IIRC. They are all volunteers and IIRC they foster out all their dogs. In fact (light bulb appears above my head) if you are doggy people willing to help dogs who to put it bluntly could be days from being PTS (that's put to sleep) by pounds who only have a requirement to keep dogs for 7 days. Although to be fair the people on pounds all want the dogs to find homes or their owners and all try to find a rescue spot for them.

Anyway IF you like those kind of dogs, and they range from the worlds fastest couch potatoes in the greyhound who only really wants a couple of 20 minutes free running a day then sleep somewhere warm or hot for the rest of the day to a lurcher type which depending on what's in the mix may well never get tired all day!!

You had collie crosses. Well consider a lurcher with a degree of collie in it and you will have a dog that will have stamina and endurance in spades if you are an active people.

I am a huge lurcher fan but can not have dogs due to my lifestyle.

Also check out the website for Lurcher Link. A similar lurcher rescue that is web based in a forum style where volunteers do as little or as much as they want. If you want to foster, offer a home or even offer to transport a dog foor them then check out their forum. BTW Lurcher Link often have urgent requests for help where there is a dog a few days or even hours from being PTS and they have a foster home for it the other end of the country. They might have a chain of people say willing to drive from Essex a 100 miles north then another person meets say in a service station on a motorway to transport ti on their leg and so one until it gets from the pound to say Scotland via half a dozen people who are travelling part of that way and a quick 10 minutes out of their way. A cool way to operate IMHO.

Sorry off topic but EGLR and LL are twpo really good rescue organisations who often have dogs needing homes in that area. Please don't write off an older rescue dog for a puppy. Older dogs might not be as fluffy cute but they will be rewarding. Not aall have problems some are home ready too as they came from stable homes that circumstances just changed like moving to somewhere not aloowing pets, etc.

http://www.lurcher.org.uk/dogs-to-adopt

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Talk to your local vet. They usually have lots of info about local organisations and breeders and often have a re-homing board for people with puppies. They will be happy to put you in touch with someone.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE