Go Outdoors

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
Anyone use this chain of shops? I was in Norwich yesterday and called in, I was very impressed. Their adverts in newspapers tend to suggest that they are a bargain basement type store but they actually have the complete range of kit including good quality brands. Well worth a look if you have one near. Glyn

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
They have some unbeatable deals from time to time, been using them for a while now-no complaints so far.

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
I visit the Stockport branch quite regularly and have noticed the store seems to have fewer genuine bargains than it used to. I'm not going to get excited about £10 off a £100 quid jacket.

A lot of the cheap stuff is, well, cheap stuff.

Some good discounts on big brands but you can often find better discounts from smaller online retailers.

To be honest, it's the kind of shop where I'd not feel guilty about trying stuff on and seeing if I could get it cheaper elsewhere.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I'm just about to test their 10% deal next week... Seems to be mixed reviews.

I think it has to be in stock elsewhere, same size, color, spec, non-sale.

al.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I call in most months and usually pick something up, some stuff is cheap if you're there at the right time but most prices can be beaten on the web. The members card is worth the purchase and can usually be rekindled on the first purchase.

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
excellent shop, buy most of my gear from the Oxford store. Huge range of stuff, and if you pay £4 a year for the discount card, get loads of savings.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
They should be, they claim to beat any uk advertised price by 10% including interweb deals. I suppose there might be a bit of smallprint involved but probably worth it. Glyn.

I got a £110 tent for £54 and then a £185 tent down to £89.99 because of this, you have to di your research but it's well worth having a quick look on google shopping and sorting items by cheapest first before buying anything from them as you can save a fortune :D

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
They are useful that's for sure, but as Jinsin mentioned...Do some research, find the cheapest price and then use that price to beat GoOutdoors over the head with. I managed it last year on a Camping Gaz camping grill in Sheffield and they hand no problem accepting the 10% deal against one of their internet competitors.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
They have just opened a new store in my local town........i bought the £5 discount card and i got that back with my first purchase. The card also lets me use their car park for free for 3 months so its worth having for that if nothing else.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
They have just opened a new store in my local town........i bought the £5 discount card and i got that back with my first purchase. The card also lets me use their car park for free for 3 months so its worth having for that if nothing else.

sounds like you spend far too much time in there! half an hour or so does me fine - but three months???? :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE