Anyone used are owned this model of trangia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beerngrills70

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2011
Newcastle upon tyne
Ive been doing a bit window shopping online and seen this trangia.
Its ideal for my needs.
But not keen on using liquid fuel "The smell of myths makes me ill" .
Would i be able to use sticks and other items found in the forest to get the full potential from the cooker?
Remember im new to all this! So be gentle :)

minitrangia.jpg

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Yep ive got that model(well the old version without the non stick lid)not quite sure what you mean by using sticks etc though? do you mean burn them in the base unit? if so i would'nt recomend it as its very soft ally,

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If you're not gonna use the meths mate then I'd look at something else. That base isn't really designed to burn wood but I expect it would if you tried, for the money you'd be better with a Honey Stove or similar.

If you still want the set then you could try getting hold of some pure methanol which burns hotter than regular meths and doesn't smell. There's plenty of places that sell it for bio-fuel systems at home.

beerngrills70

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2011
Newcastle upon tyne
Cheers andybysea that's what i wanted to hear .
I was just going to use branches and sticks to be able to cook instead of using fuel from a bottle.
How would you rate the cooker?

Edit cheers guys of to do some googling :)

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
To be honest i very rarely use mine,well not together, i use the burner in my honey sometimes when not burning wood,and use the pan for brews,or you can fit a mod boil in the bag in it,the base unit is the worst bit by far.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I know that at least for a while Swedish rangers were issued it to carry in their belt order. Never used it myelf. If you want to do solid fuel then either a honey or the proverbial IKEA cutlery drainer is a better choice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE