Hello from Canada

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

16ga

May 13, 2011
Canada
Hello thanks for allowing me membership to your site. I'm an outdoorsman from Canada, I fish and hunt and trap. I'm a big fan of Ray Mears and his style of bushcraft.
I'm sure I can learn a lot form this site and hopefully learn a thing or two.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi 16ga - welcome to the forum

Where in Canada are you ? There's quite a few of your fellow countrymen on here

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Welcome - I wish I lived where you do! I spent some time walking and canoeing in the BC Rockies some years ago and wish I'd never left!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Northern Ontario if you're familiar with Canada at all.

Beautiful country, I've only visited Vancouver and the western Rockies. We're back again this year for some more time at Tofino watching bear and whales hopefully. I tried for a canoeing holiday up your way but I couldn't persuade the wife this time, one day though.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Hi 16ga and welcome , My wife's family are from the Sudbury area or are you farther north ?

Lovely countryside we have been over for a few family weddings and done a bit of walking and a couple of horse treks .

Craig...........or should that read Creg ?

16ga

May 13, 2011
Canada
I am from Timmins, about 3 1/2 hour drive due north of Sudbury. Thank you all for your kind words, I'm proud to be from such a beautiful country. The area of Northern Ont is the start of the James Bay Low Lands. The area is VERY flat and the trees while abundant tend to be soft woods (pine etc) with a few bitch and poplar. I wish there were a few more Maples and Oaks around. I am lucky enough to travel all over with work, from the parries to the Maritimes even Arctic. I am lucky enough to spend most of my leisure time camping, canoeing, ATV riding,hunting, fishing and trapping (although I have less time for that with a new family) I'd b happy to post some pictures one day if anyone is interested.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

P.S. How do I get permission post anywhere or PM other members? There is a gentleman selling pieces of flint, and I might want a few.

DOONBOY

Mar 27, 2011
AYRSHIRE
Canada must be looking good at this time of year.went to alaska twice 2009 and 2010 in search of the king salmon.what an experience.going back in 2012

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I remember seeing the road signs for Timmins , it doesn't look that far on the map but then again it is easy to forget the vast distances between everywhere .

To be able to PM people you need a certain number of posts but i don't think that it is too many !

Craig......

16ga

May 13, 2011
Canada
Sudbury to Timmins 220 km as the crow flies or about 296 km on a rough winy road where I have seen more moose and bear than cars.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE