Camp Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
My camp knife :) The Becker BK2

Ka_Bar_Becker_BK2_Campanion_Fixed.jpg

Not very bushcrafty but it chops and batons for fun :) Funnily enough it isn't too bad at finer work either at a pinch. It comes with a great sheath which can be modded and has removable scales.

I bought mine to take in the canoe as a do all knife (well do as much as possible) in addition to my SAK. I know that a lot of people will say that it's a prybar, but its a great one! I have other knives but this is one of my favourites. It's essentially a poor mans RAT 6. I'll stand aside now as I get flamed :)

I have a BK2, it's an excellent prybar! Actually, I think it's surprisingly versatile. I take it on outback motorcyle trips as a substitute axe. Not sure if you could carve a spoon with it, maybe a wooden sledge hammer....

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
I finished this little beast a few days ago i made it from a file i wraped the handle with para cord makes a very good handle and if needed you have around 10 feet of it the total length is 11";)

knife013.jpg

knife22005.jpg

knife22007.jpg

knife22017.jpg

Stainz

Jan 18, 2008
Pinson, AL, USA
My Dad was in the USCG in WWII - in the S.Pacific - and carried a USN KaBar. I used it in my youth as a camp knife - later added a Western 66 hunting knife my Mom got me with S&H Green Stamps. The KaBar was, in retrospect, a bit much - hard to carve a flute or a spoon with it, that's for sure. The smaller hunting knife was a tad small. After years of looking, including a selection of knives from Bark River, Benchmade, Buck, Marbles, and Puma, I found a great candidate - the ESEE RC4. I have had their RC5 for a while - great knife, but a bit large - perhaps for car/van camping. For hikes, etc, resulting in camping, the RC4 is fine. Like the KaBar, it is made of 1095 carbon steel - and coated. Made in the USA, ESEE - formerly RAT Cutlery - is in Gallant, AL, I bought mine through evil-bay for $90 (U$D) delivered - I don't know what the cost would be overseas. Not cheap - but really a decent camp knife. Good luck!

Stainz (... near 'the other' Birmingham!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE