Hampshire Bushcraft Weekend 23rd-24th July 2011

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
I have booked an Airsoft site for a Saturday-Sunday Bushcraft weekend.

The cost of the site is £100 a day so I need at least 10 people to make it £20 a head. (Less with more people).

The site has 2x Chemical toilets and lots of trees. We are allowed to dig a camp Karzi if we like as long as it’s done properly.

There is NO WATER ON SITE so will have to bring our own in.

Fires are allowed as long as they are dug down to the clay layer or raised up since the woods have peat soil. And we have no restictions of collecting fire wood or building bivis

They will have one of there team to join us for the time we are there due to insurance restrictions.

Only restiction they have is NO HUNTING or TRAPPING.

Please put yout name below if you want to come along.

I’ll take payment from people closer to the date via Pay Pal.

MAP of Site:
CSW001.jpg

Last edited:

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Hi Ian,
Thanks for sorting this, I've just come back from the Lake District and have read the details.
Unfortunately I'm meant to be on holiday that week so won't be able to make it. If anything changes then I'll let you know. It's only down the road for me.

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
The "out of bounds" area was up for sale a couple of years ago. Nothing much in the way of interesting crops IIRC, the occasional redwood (!); not much in the way of stuff to forage, although there were some impressive funghi - although I didn't check to see what they were.

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
I know the site next door - access was a problem to that one (through someone else's field), which put me off somewhat. I doubt that Combat South have the same problem. I don't think I remember any boggy areas, but this was probably 5 years ago so I may be mistaken.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
The only boggy areas on site have bridges across them so it's not a problem also site has access from the road and carparking. Should be a good weekend hopfully.

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
Come on guys there must be more people keen for a meet in Hampshire!? after initially getting ten easily we stand at three confirmed

1. Grendel
2. Gregor-scott
3. Brumstar123

brumstar123

Forager
Dec 17, 2009
new forest
Its gonna be awesome, even if we just sit around drinking/eating/talking about drinking/talking about eating!!

Come on guys for £20 u couldn't get a weekend camping with the kids!

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Hopefully people will rush to be on this closer to the time. (I hope)

Unfortunately Zebaroon & Hovocsdad are away that weekend.

Come on people at least put your names down if you’re interested it’s not for a few months yet. The more people we get he cheaper it will be.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Come on folks anymore people for this?

Otherwise i'll have to cancel the the venue since it will be too prices at £66 a head with only 3 people.

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
it's not looking good dude, maybe you can reschedule? maybe put it out there and let people say what weekend they want then pick the most popular? would be good to have a local meet, fingers crossed there's others who feel the same.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
I did that to start with and most people decided July. Also the site can only do the 3rd weekend in most months and tend to get booked up a few months in advance which is why I booked it for July since it was the 1st available after I asked back in April/May time.

I'll give it to the end of June and contact the owner to see what the deadline date is then take it from there.

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
well i have booked that weekend in with swmbo so I'm in the woods regardless so if there's no takers I would happily meet up anyway, just somewhere else, I am going to a campsite this weekend that let's you camp in there woodland and they let you have fires (off the ground though) around £10 a night, or it's a bit of stealth camping of course! still working on a permission, know the retired head gamekeeper who still lives in the lodge on the estate and is in with the land owner so fingers crossed! let me know if you want to meet up if this comes to nothing.

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
cool well pm me nearer the weekend assuming this meet gets cancelled or I will pm you and we can exchange numbers and meet up, I think Brum will be up for that too,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE