The Bushcraft Magazine Third annual May Day Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
The Bushcraft Magazine will be holding its third annual May Day meet, at our site in Egerton Nr Ashford Kent.

Why not join us for a weekend of workshops and stories. A chance for bushcrafters and adventurous families to get together and share skills and the enjoyment of the British countryside.

This year we have Allan Course, famed Flint Knapper, giving demonstrations of this ancient skill on Sunday May 1st.

Taster courses, demonstrations and mini-workshops will take place over the Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Family weekend ticket (two adults and up to 3 Children) £125
Adult weekend ticket £75
Day family ticket £60
Day ticket £35 (child under 11 goes free)
(prices inc camping water and firewood)

For more details and booking please go to :
http://www.bushcraft-magazine.co.uk/events.php

Balanophage

Apr 11, 2011
UK
www.bushcraft-magazine.co.uk
Might be worth pointing out there are kids' activities planned for the whole weekend (both bushcrafty and otherwise), and extra shelter for all following the problems with the weather last year - though if the weather keeps up, it's going to be a scorcher. It was about 24 here today...

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
We have move workshops added - gonna be such a busy weekend! Been down on the site all weekend preparing stuff. Sites looking lovely with the bluebells.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I am thinking of coming along but would like to find out if I can hammock, as the website said tents only. I can tent it but have just picked up a Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock so wanted to try that out.

Also, do you mail out the address after you have bought the ticket. Thanks

Balanophage

Apr 11, 2011
UK
I am thinking of coming along but would like to find out if I can hammock, as the website said tents only. I can tent it but have just picked up a Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock so wanted to try that out.

Also, do you mail out the address after you have bought the ticket. Thanks

There are very limited spaces for hammock camping - a few, but not many at all. The main wooded area is off limits for camping because we're going to be using it for activities (and because we don't want all the bluebells trampled! :) ) That said, you're the only person who has enquired about using a hammock so far this time.

You can book by e-mail and pay on the day, or pay by PayPal via the website. As soon as I get a booking I'll mail out joining instructions to you.

Balanophage

Apr 11, 2011
UK
Joining instructions have now been sent out to everyone I've got on the booking list (note, booked, not necessarily paid). Paying on the door is no problem - bearing in mind we can't take cards - but we'd appreciate an e-mail to give us a better guess at the numbers! And if you don't know where we are, you'll have to e-mail anyway or we can't tell you. :D

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I have just paid by PayPal but it completed a bit quick so I could put any details in, such as my username on here. I will PM Bardster & Balanophage to let them know I have paid & to get instructions on how to get there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE