The scary, the strange, the paranormal...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
i know, i know. and i'd been doing so well in just an 'observational' role on this thread:togo:

:lmao:
It's not easy to ignore deliberate blind acceptance of fairy tales as "truth"; but you must try, as there's none so blind as those who refuse to see, and you will just end up frustrated and angry.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
yet you don't seem to extend the courtesy to others. rather veiled threats of 'skating on thin ice' when you hear something you either don't like or have no answer for

I'm not a moderator hence not in a position to threaten anyone dear boy, but in the past I've seen similar behaviour lead to people falling through the ice so to speak, a helpful warning and not a threat I thought that was obvious. I enjoy the lads posts, don't agree with his blinkered faith in science but enjoy his posts non the less.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
I'm not a moderator hence not in a position to threaten anyone dear boy, but in the past I've seen similar behaviour lead to people falling through the ice so to speak, a helpful warning and not a threat I thought that was obvious. I enjoy the lads posts, don't agree with his blinkered faith in science but enjoy his posts non the less.

No dear boy, faith OR science.:rolleyes:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
:lmao:
It's not easy to ignore deliberate blind acceptance of fairy tales as "truth"; but you must try, as there's none so blind as those who refuse to see, and you will just end up frustrated and angry.

There's where the condesending attitude becomes an insult. Rather than present your argument you brush theirs aside and mock them. This has degraded far enough for me to withdraw.

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
tumbleweed004gi3.gif

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Faith and science often go hand in hand, was it not monks who preserved much science in the Dark Ages and they had faith, the Jesuit intellectuals produced many scientists and had no apparent clash with their own faith:rolleyes:

Fair point.

But, if you were not part of the Church, you could not afford (money and safety) to conjecture on scientific matters.

The only science at that time was that which agreed with the church's teachings. Go against that and they killed you.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Fair point.

But, if you were not part of the Church, you could not afford (money and safety) to conjecture on scientific matters.

The only science at that time was that which agreed with the church's teachings. Go against that and they killed you.

They did not kill as many as urban myth would have you believe, only 3000-5000 !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSe38dzJYkY

I thought some of the naughty monks 'hid' some science from head office? Whatever, we ended up with a core of knowledge that led to what we have today. So, thank the lord for monks and Jesuits and for you non believers a simple 'cheers lads' will suffice. :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Actually, that wasn't the devil at all, it was the black noodle dwarf, the Flying Spaghetti monster's enemy on Earth, as any Pastafarian could tell you apostates.............

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Actually, that wasn't the devil at all, it was the black noodle dwarf, the Flying Spaghetti monster's enemy on Earth, as any Pastafarian could tell you apostates.............

Wrong, as we have been told there is no proof of monsters, noodle dwarfs etc, they are pie in the sky and belong with aliens and ufo's; your deranged man, get medicated.

PS, Miller's book is a good read.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.

You've got me there.:confused:

I'm up to speed with most of the world's major religions, but the black noodle dwarf is a new entity to me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE