Match Case With Compass

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
I am glad they are arriving and that you are generally quite pleased. I think Keith does an exceptional job on these.

I am back and will now continue taking orders for anyone interested.

I need to call Keith and ask about orange and yellow, as I think we are close to the end on those....order what you want but please list an alternative case if you are requesting orange or yellow.

Thanks again,

Randy

rlschaffer@gmail.com

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Things are getting a bit long here, but Post 165 on (my) page 17 lists the details of ordering.

I am checking the gmail address 2x per day to keep up with the requests. Please list your order requests at

rlschaffer@gmail.com

to make the ordering a bit easier and more direct. I will note the orders posted here but would still appreciate a request through the gmail address.

Thanks

Randy

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Hiya,

Just to let you know that my order turned up this morning. That includes mine, paganwolfs and Squirrelboys. But they haven't seen them yet and i might keep them and tell them that they were lost in the post. :D Joke!!

They are mighty fine pieces of kit and I will recommend them to everyone. All I need is some strike anywhere matches and I'm sorted !!!

Cheers,

Martin

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Mine arrived yesterday, the quality of worknahip is impressive :D

Many thanks to everyone who made it happen, your all stars :cool:

Now all I need, like shinobi, is some decent strike anywhere matches. Swan vestas will be too small. Anyone got any suggestions? I know I used to have extra long strike anywhere matches for lighting candles, but does anyone know of a decent source?

Hellz

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Mine arrived yesterday as well

Yep, swan vestas are too small but I've padded out top and bottom with cotton wool.
They do strike on the lid base though

Great workmanship. Many thanks

quarterstaff

Aug 5, 2004
uk
Got mine today and they are out standing,had to get the camers out
DCP_1021.jpg
[/IMG]
trad
DCP_1017.jpg
[/IMG]
and yella

thanks to all that made this happen fantastic bits of kit
cheers

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Nice pairings Quarterstaff. The yellow works with those more subdued yellow scales and the brass is great with the traditional bushcraft equipment. The brass will mellow in time too.

Keith has 10 orange and 50 yellow cases left. Right now all those who have requested powdercoated cases are in fat city. First come first served on the remainder of these though.

Keith asked how the shipment were going and I told him so far all looks great. Any issues or problems please let me know. Did Royal Customs and Excise have any "requests"?

Keith just returned from Montana and will probably go back in a week or two. So cases requested this week are sure to ship but by the end of next week there may be a delay of about 10 days from order to ship depending on the job in Montana.

Thanks very much to all of you who have assisted me with this process.

Randy

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Mick,

You are set. I am keeping a running countdown for the powdercoated cases.

Right now all orders placed are getting their first choices.

Keith is inquiring with his anodizer to see what sort of bright colors we could get in the future. I have a red anodized case he made long ago but it is no where near the same intensity as the painted cases. I also have a bare aluminum which we might discuss too.

Apparently in the past Keith started doing color anodizing on the cases but each batch would turn out slightly different...his main reseller at that time did a batch to batch color comparison and rejected them if they varied much. We are more concerned with watertightness, decent compass function, and finding them after they are laid down in the forest duff....

I am sending along the order list for the past two days to Keith tonight. He should start mailing them this week to weekend.

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Deliveries into the UK are working a treat without any "delays" at customs.

Having received examples of brass, black and color I'm hard pressed to choose a favorite. Brass is decidedly the classy choice, orange very nice and bright and black is restrained and looks smarter than I expected. Quality and function are equally good on all. The compasses are clearly good quality.

Thanks Schwert, thanks Keith.

:)

leon-1

Thanks Schwert, your diligence on this has been fantastic and as Alick said no problems with HM C&E here either. If you do get other colourss running I may well be interested, all the best for you and Keith and many thanks for your hard work on this :)

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Current Inventory of Orange 6, Yellow 41.

Keith did not get the cases mailed last week but will this for those ordered after my holiday return.

Here is the classic Brass Case with all of its parts as supplied by Keith.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
To clarify. Only the powdercoated (orange and yellow) cases are in limited quantities. Black Anodized Aluminium and Brass are standard and available in unlimited quantities at this time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE