BCUK Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
"so much so that I think that there are enough people to get involved in starting up the BCUK Field Archery Club........"

oooh, interesting idea...

"although I think Sams got some words for whoever got me totally hooked on the field artery...."

<Hopes Sam didn't notice whose bow Lith used when he was first trying it...>

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Lithril said:
Well the weather was fantastic and the company great, plenty of new faces turning up (and some "old" ones <cough>jamie...)

Big thanks to everyone who did talks throughout the weekend, had a fantastic time, although I think Sams got some words for whoever got me totally hooked on the field artery....

Thanks also to Mel for running the "Creche", hopefully you've recovered by now :p

And finally a big thanks to Tone for organising the weekend,.

Now ROLL ON JULY :-D

Matt

Hi all.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the archery. It made all the hard work worthwhile. Thanks esp to Mel and Rob for loaning their equipment.
A BCUK club is an interesting concept. Might take some working out though.
Their are some natural archers out there.

Anyone is welcome to come and shoot in my woods.
Thans to Tony and Dave for their efforts on our behalf.

The General

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
North Wales Llandudno
I can't wait! I have some toys to play with and a nice hamock to kip in (thanks Tony! ;) )

Things I really want to try this year

1. Friction firelighting
2. More time with Chris trying a bow out!
3. Tracking

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Many thanks to Tony for organising it and all the hard work by everyone else involved in knowledge sharing.
I only managed the Sunday but it was a great day,very relaxed and informative and such a friendly bunch of people.

archiet

Jan 6, 2005
London
Hi,

Thanks to everyone that organised this event. it was my first bcuk thing. Looking forward to the next one.

I forget the name of the person that did the bow-making talk but I was wondering if it would be possible to find out the name of the book he mentioned using to make his bows.

Definitely up for giving that a go.

Cheers.

Woody

Forager
Hi all,

I would just like to reinforce what every one else is saying here and to thank Tony, Dave, Jed, Chris, Stuart and every one else involved in making the May Moot such a successful and enjoyable week-end. The atmosphere through out the week end was superb and the willingness for so many people to share their time and knowledge was commendable. I think particular praise should go to those that worked away in the background (whilst monitoring a small army of kids at the top of the hill!) that supported the main organisers and helped to keep things ticking along so well.

For me, it was good to put faces to so many names that regularly appear on the bcuk forum, the wealth of knowledge at hand was incredible and the friendliness of every one went to make it one of the most relaxing, sociable and informative weekends I can remember for a long while. I look forward to the next time we are all able to get together and hopefully seeing many more of you there,

Woody

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Great meet guys, I'm sad that I had to leave on Saturday night but got in two good evenings chat and a great day on Saturday. Nice to meet some new folk as well as catch up with people from last July.

"Moderators Corner" was a very good place to chill - cheers guys - so was sitting around with Ed & Tony at 3AM as the main campfire was burning out ! Must get a deerskin...

Photos to follow,

Alick

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
archiet said:
Hi,

Thanks to everyone that organised this event. it was my first bcuk thing. Looking forward to the next one.

I forget the name of the person that did the bow-making talk but I was wondering if it would be possible to find out the name of the book he mentioned using to make his bows.

Definitely up for giving that a go.

Cheers.

It was me :)
and there were a couple of books.
The Traditional Archers Handbook, Hilary Greenland, ISBN 0952462761
The Heratage of the Longbow, Pip Bickerstaffe, Private Printing
Both are available from quicks archery

Hope that helps

J

John Burton

We need to add our thanks to all for a fab weekend, informative, friendly, and fun. The biggest of all possible thanks to Mel for sharing her archery skills with us and our children - they are all hooked and we will be looking for equipment in the coming months. Thanks for your patience, Mel, you certainly planted a seed of interest in our children and us!!

Thanks again to all the smiley friendly folk :) , Bardster, David, Woody, Jakonen, etc., and that nice bloke with a hat and a smile whose name we still don't know :confused: .

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
I'm looking forward to some friction fire-lighting and some archery as well. As for tracking - I don't think I'm that much of a tracking person.

Fenlander said:
That's something we can do at the next East Anglia group meet :)

Once a date is fixed, send me a reminder just before and I will obtain some ;)

Didn't say I actually wanted to skin a rabbit! :s :D.

Still, I hope somebody forces me into it. I'm sure it won't be that bad....will it.....?

Mel

Nov 13, 2003
West Sussex
www.wilderness121.co.uk
I'm very happy that your tribe enjoyed it :) It was certainly great for me to see new people getting excited about our sport - If you want any advice about kit or clubs please drop us a line.

To all - if any of you discover that you have inadvertently put one of our tabs or bracers in your pocket, could you pm Rob. Cheers.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Just thought I'd say that I've written a short (hmmm) piece on my experience at the spring-meet on my new blog. It hasn't been configured fully yet and it's using the default template - so it's a bit basic, but the text is there.

Find it here.

leon-1

I would justy like to say that it was a pleasure meeting the people that I had not met before and it was very good to see those that I already new.

Thank you to Tony, Dave, Stuart, Jakunen, Woody, Bardster, Espy, Jed, Charlie, Ed, Rob, Wayne, Mel, Sam and Ivan amongst others for thier hard work on both organising and running workshops on the meet. If this was anything to go by then any meet will be more than worth going to :).

All the best to everyone that was there that I met (a very nice group of people) and long may it continue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE