Few days in Sennybridge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Went with Nigel and my lad to Sennybridge Thursday and came home today. A really nice break, the weather was good, the food was fantastic (would be as I cooked it) and a couple of drinks rounded off our evenings. A wonderful quiet spot apart from Saturday morning when RAF Tornado's were tree top flying :yikes:

2011-03-25121308.jpg

2011-03-25121402.jpg

100_2228.jpg

100_2225.jpg

100_2224.jpg

Click last picture

Thanks for a great weekend Nigel :)

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Is that on the training area? or do you have access to land elsewhere? Good idea using the stove inside the parachute, I've never thought about that!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Is that on the training area? or do you have access to land elsewhere? Good idea using the stove inside the parachute, I've never thought about that!

No Greg its on private land Nigel and I have permission to use.

Simon we use Clingon clips and can adjust the rigging to suit our needs so its pretty good. We have five areas suitable for the chute and in winter we use a more sheltered spot.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Any tips one the best way to approach a land owner to ask about land usage? (If you've ever done that, of course)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Any tips one the best way to approach a land owner to ask about land usage? (If you've ever done that, of course)

Approach them and explain in detail what you will want to do, don't mention fires until last lol.

First time we have used the stove in the chute. Pitching with Clingons was a breeze, the stove jack is a temp job made from the lid off a Cadburys Roses tin! Works just fine but needs attaching in a more tidy fashion. Next step is making a thermal liner from space blankets for using in winter; we may mount a stove jack in the side of the chute and running the flue through that via a U bend piece.

DSC02467Custom.jpg

DSC02465Custom.jpg

DSC02464Custom.jpg

DSC02463Custom.jpg

DSC02462Custom.jpg

DSC02461Custom.jpg

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Is there any tasty fruit in NZ to make a good homebrew?

Feijoas....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acca_sellowiana

We right in Feijoa season now we were picking some last weekend along with some Avos and Lemonades...... I personally cannot stand Feijoas :(

They are highly scented and have a consistancy and texture similar to a cats tongue..:(:( the XYL and kids love em However added to a pie with a heap of apples a kilo of sugar then baked to perfection and then served with some fresh cream... They are ok...

Still it's not as bad as drinking Spirulina and Feijoa Juice...

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Once again a real pleasurable trip, as always very good company & good food what more can I say.

Thanks Rich and Luke

p.s hopefully on our next visit there should be a lot more fish :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE