Whats The Worst Drink You Have Been Drunk On ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
STROH RUM 80

stroh80.jpg

The rum is available in four variants, Stroh 40, Stroh 54, Stroh 60 and Stroh 80. The number represents the Volume percent of the Alcohol by volume, in other words, 70, 94.5, 105 and 140 proof respectively.

Introduced to my by my fater-in-law... i then went and re-decorated his spare room, the hallway and the bathroom. cant remember a thing.

I took a bottle of stroh 80 along to the glentrool meet at the weekend , i think some people wish i had left it at home .:)

Craig........

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
STROH RUM 80

stroh80.jpg

I haven't seen that stuff since I raided my Dads drinks cupboard when I was 17 :)

My worst ever was Jamesons Irish whiskey.
I used to drink it fairly regularly, then one night a friend and I made it through two and a bit bottles. It took three days for the vice crushing my brain to be eased off a notch or two. Haven't touched wisky of any variety since.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
I took a bottle of stroh 80 along to the glentrool meet at the weekend , i think some people wish i had left it at home .:)

Craig........

i took some of the 60 to a meet last winter, I think it was Addo who flicked the last drips into the fire when cleaning his mug which then generated one heck of a fire ball. lol

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
Southern Comfort.....21st birthday. Got some money for my birthday, thought I'd treat my self to a 1ltr bottle. Started said bottle, just forgot to stop!
Went to bed, room on a spin cycle, needed to heave big time. Didn't make it to the bathroom, picked up a wicker bin lying handy about the bedroom........WHOOSH! Up came the entire bottle along with a lasagne......
The wicker bin acted as a sieve/strainer type thingy....Nice mess.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Met some Polish guys outside a nightclub once...shared some of their 'moonshine'.Took me 3-4 hours to crawl home, recovered about 3 days later.

Happy days.

oh. and Snakebite.£1 a pint.:headbang:

Berk

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2011
Northants
Becherovka
Slivovice

Both Czech and both nasty, drinks that palatability forgot.

I come from a Serb family, so have the joys of Šljivovica at every family gathering.
I will say one positive thing about it though. After a shot of that, even the roughest whiskey tastes like ambrosia from the gods. ;)

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
6 litres of frosty jacks when i was a bairn, i woke up in the cells.lol apperently i went on the rampage but in my defence i later found out some little bstrd have spiked my cider with a few acid's.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Thunderbirds when I was 15, I covered half of Wilsden in liquid laughter and woke in someones garden.

I have been ruined on other brews, often eating my dinner backwards but I have got over it and still drink the brews that put me there but I cannot even think about the Thunderbirds incident without wanting to hurl again!

Berk

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2011
Northants
A way I was told, to avoid the room spinning is to go to sleep sitting up in bed. Prop your pillows against the headboard / wall as a back rest, sit up and go to sleep, you'll gradually slip down to a lying position through the night. I've used it a few times and it's only failed me once, but then the world was spinning while I was upright and still drinking! Always love my Nan for that tip.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
i dont drink,....lol joke....

if you check out the Brockwell thread you'll see an example of me at my alcoholistical best,..hic,..

i had a bit of rum and a few canteens of Chris Lannymans "Ginger wine",.....or as i will call it now on "fermented demons urine"

Stu,..

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
i dont drink,....lol joke....

if you check out the Brockwell thread you'll see an example of me at my alcoholistical best,..hic,..

i had a bit of rum and a few canteens of Chris Lannymans "Ginger wine",.....or as i will call it now on "fermented demons urine"

Stu,..

i'll second that, i think i'll stick to meths next time. :headbang:

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
some home brewed slimovic when i was in Bosnia :yikes:
the local Croatians used to drink it before they drove though the danger areas,sometimes first thing in the morning.
i would take a sip if offered so as not to offend :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE