*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
Seen as the trowel has been on all night with no takers, i'll offer up a Uniross x-press mini battery charger. Charges 1 or 2 AA/AAA.

looks just like this one, except without the batteries as they seem to have disappeared
41nkF98HX7L.jpg

Tom

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
ok if there no takerts for the trowel or battery charger by tomorrow afternoon i'll have a look and see what else can be put up in its place, sorry for stalling the thread.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
ok if there no takerts for the trowel or battery charger by tomorrow afternoon i'll have a look and see what else can be put up in its place, sorry for stalling the thread.

You haven't stalled the thread Viper.... you've put up two very useful items which folks don't seem to want at the moment and that's not your fault.

It seems to me that at times people are hanging on for particular items or super-duper bargains that some folks have posted on here... :rolleyes:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Those battery chargers are bloody good. I have one myself and use it for my camera and my MP3 player. Damned good bit of kit it is too. I found the batteries it came with were OK but the off the shelf ones you can buy like Energiser etc were much better.

On offer a 2 cell battery charger OR a folding trowel offered by T1Viper

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
Right as nothing has gone yet, i have another offer.

1 pair of nearly new (only worn once, as they are a little tight) woodland dp combats with waist and leg ties still in place
size 31" inside leg - 33" waist (thats why their a bit tight, they were sold to me as a 34 waist)

tn_95trs__55779_std.jpg

Tom

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
T1viper....don't sweat it.

I'm not even sure people are stalling because the offerings....This thread just needs to be patient and when some one needs the particular item you offer it will go.

Yes i have seen things on here that fulfilled that need i had at the time (albeit it too late to make good the deal)....but these things vary from big stuff like like camping kit to smaller stuff like pocket books....to be honest i feel pressured to take something i don't need so as not to be labelled a 'hanger on'....na!

Just don't start giving away youe 'Diamantie Mora' just yet....

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
I've been watching this and even taken part not long after it started and like some, have noticed a trend.
Really useful, much sort after items are snapped up with seconds of them being posted, less desirable items are left hanging thereby stalling the thread. At the same time there are people who have snapped up a stonking item only to offer a not so stonking item.

Now before you flame away just think and look back through this thread and i mean really look back. I'm not having a go at anyone nor am i pointing fingers, but i've said this before to a couple of people who actually agreed.

I know this is just a bushcraft pass it on, but there are some people on here who have sweated making stonking items to keep the thread going (you know who you are) and i take my hat off to you. What is needed on this thread is a bit of policing. As much as i hate to say it, i believe it does.
I've nothing against people getting such and such an item, but please can we see some items of equal worth thrown back in. I don't mean to demean what has been offered, but come on, some of what has is a bit tosh in comparison.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
While I see your point, I can't agree with you. The basic premise is to offer what you don't need anymore. If it becomes you must offer something of equal value or there abouts, only those with good or expensive gear can partake. Or did I miss your meaning?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
While I see your point, I can't agree with you. The basic premise is to offer what you don't need anymore. If it becomes you must offer something of equal value or there abouts, only those with good or expensive gear can partake. Or did I miss your meaning?

I would go along with all of that - the highest value item I have had off this thread turned out to be too small for me - and was therefor useless to me...so I offered it up again and had something of "less" value but which was a lot more use to me.
If you put up something cheap but useful to someone then it is worth more to them than something expensive but does not suit their needs.
The value of an item does not depend on its retail cost!

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
I would go along with all of that - the highest value item I have had off this thread turned out to be too small for me - and was therefor useless to me...so I offered it up again and had something of "less" value but which was a lot more use to me.
If you put up something cheap but useful to someone then it is worth more to them than something expensive but does not suit their needs.
The value of an item does not depend on its retail cost!

Agreed, but there should always be a push to keep the thread moving. I know it can be hard to offer up additional items when the first one doesn't get taken but it's important to keep the thread from stalling.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Agreed, but there should always be a push to keep the thread moving. I know it can be hard to offer up additional items when the first one doesn't get taken but it's important to keep the thread from stalling.

No argument there! :)
Keep it rolling but not everyone visits the site every day so a couple of days "grace" seems fair for an item to find its new owner :)

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
I can't see this thread stalling, its got to many followers to be forgotten.

as said before 1 man's trash is another man's treasure.

more popular items will go quicker as everyone likes a deal. lower value items may go slower as most of us have the same item if not several of them.

but someone will usually take something that's being offered, even if its just in the spirit the thread was started with.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Don't sweat.

As i see it, by its very nature, this thread has to slow down in due course as people use up their stock of unused items. Personally if it takes weeks for this item to be taken by someone who needs it - then so be it.

BUMP!

Right as nothing has gone yet, i have another offer.

1 pair of nearly new (only worn once, as they are a little tight) woodland dp combats with waist and leg ties still in place
size 31" inside leg - 33" waist (thats why their a bit tight, they were sold to me as a 34 waist)

tn_95trs__55779_std.jpg

Tom

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
... and to get back to the point ... on offer is

tn_95trs__55779_std.jpg

Tom

Partickpebbles

Dec 18, 2010
South Milford
All fair points, and lets face it, the seasons about to go mad so I imagine like me your nearly all kitted out.....

(By the way, if anyone is offering a Crusader Cup (metal or plastic!) let me know!! hahahaha

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE