Hello from Southern California

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

socalwoodsman

Mar 2, 2011
Los Angeles
Been viewing this forum for some time now, and I like what I see. I've been looking for a bushcraft related site for some time now, and unfortunately this is one of the very few that are based on bushcraft as opposed to survival and where a lot of the posts seem so based on **** type preparedness.

I hope to learn and be able to contribute to this forum and all the members here...

socalwoodsman

Mar 2, 2011
Los Angeles
You are so.close to me, I'm in Hunting Park, about 15 min away. Any places where you go camping near here? I just moved here from IE and there's really no place close to here to go bushwacking that I know of...

ScotchDave

Forager
Jan 6, 2010
Glasgow/California
You are so.close to me, I'm in Hunting Park, about 15 min away. Any places where you go camping near here? I just moved here from IE and there's really no place close to here to go bushwacking that I know of...

The closest stuff I know of is the san bernadino and angeles forests, there's also stuff north of Santa Monica. But it's best to put in a few hours driving if you want to avoid the crowds. Are you on BCUSA as well?

Just a reminder to everyone to be cautious when giving out personal information online...

Thanks Ged, I'm always fairly careful. :)

Dave

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Welcome. Florida Panhandle here. Spent 4 years in England in the late 80s and loved it there. If you get a chance go and experience old world bushcraft for yourself. Sadly I was in my 20s and spent more time in civilization while there. Even at that I did try to stay in the villages and countryside though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE