Edc pocket organiser

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I headed up to the outer Hebrides in Sep and spent 6 nights under canvas. I learned by the morning of day 2 I needed to have all the bits and pieces to hand to light a cooker, make a cuppa, cover a cut.
I'd seen these things by Maxpedition but at a ridiculous price. I had this in my truck and it became my organiser. I did pinch the idea from someone else of here but I use it purely as a camp organiser.
IMG_1821.jpg
It was orignally a notebook holder I had from somewhere
IMG_1824.jpg
This is the plasters and wipes I keep in the top part
IMG_1822.jpg
This is held in the front, teaspoon, spork torch, lighter, a tool logic card and pen
IMG_1823.jpg
Bits inside, sewing kit, matches, brew, handwarmer, aloksak, and a few bits and pieces.
It fits nicely in the thigh pocket of a pair of craghoppers, the trick is not to make it too heavy or it will gradually pull the trousers down. I used it for the rest of the trip and I have to say was great having all you needed to hand for a quick brew or in the tent at the end of the day.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I use a MOLLE medic pouch for a similar purpose. It holds all my basics such as fire lighting kit, FAK cordage and a multitool.

Whichever bag I take, it's now easier to take the basics with me.

Simon

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
After using my EDC I came across a few limitations with it. Basically things fell out of the inside compartments when I used it. I then looked for an alternative but didn't want to buy the maxpedition one but it's a little too big for Craghoppers pockets and is a a tad expensive (£23.95 inc postage). I found the Voodoo Tactical BDU Wallet on eBay and at £16.95 inc postage it was cheaper and would fit my Craghoppers.

IMG_0041.jpg
IMG_0042.jpg
IMG_0047.jpg

It's made out of what looks like Cordura 600 or similar, I got it in black but other colours are available. There is a small net pouch on the front pouch with a square of velcro on top to close it. Inside there are 2 lanyards with plastic clips attached, elastic slots on the left to secure items. Behind the elastic strap theres a pouch for bits and pieces, I keep a few first aid bits there.

IMG_0045.jpg

On the right the pouch is separated with a line of stitching its about the right size for 2 9mm magazines to give you an idea of size. I removed the stitching and it's just a single pouch.

IMG_0046.jpg

It's just what I was looking for and first impressions are that it's a nice little pouch I got it from ebay shipped from the US.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
I've got a couple of Condor ones, but they are hard to find in the UK, IMHO they can go tit-for-tat with the Maxped' EDC anyday for 1/2 the cost... can put some snaps up is anyone is interested?

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
The Maxp EDC pouch fits in my Craghoppers thigh pocket (Kiwis).
It is a bit spendy, but it has loads of good features and you've got to love the build quality.

3bears
Never seen or heard of the Condor pouches (equal in quality and half the cost !).
Pics would be great..

Chris

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
3Bears, I looked at the Condor one but couldn't find a supplier that had reasonable P&P to UK. I liked the little fold down insert they have.

Wildrover, oh right I looked at Lurches shop and it said that the MaxP didn't fit into 5.11 pockets so I thought they wouldn't fit into the Kiwi's. I agree the MaxP kit is superb quality I had a Colossus copy then bought a MaxPone it's hard to compare.

DV...

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2010
East of England
This kit is always carried in a cargo pocket when out in the woods or camping etc. It can also be attached to a belt. It is carried in place of a survival tin and the contents are used as and when required. Weighs 425g. Drop zone supplies sometimes have the Condor in stock...

closed.jpg

open.jpg

opened.jpg

contents-2.jpg

Contents

1) Duct tape wrapped around old pre paid card.
2) Life boat matches and striker.
3) Saw
4) Plasters, tablets & dioralyte solution.
5) Doug Ritter CRKT survival knife and sheaf.
6) Photon type LED.
7) Lighter wound with fishing line and overlaid with insulating tape.
8) Whistle.
9) Flint and steel.
10) Yellow glow stick.
11) 2 x 1 litre Pour & Store bags (has measurements on bag and flat bottom so it stands up), along with 10 puritabs.
12) Tinder card.
13) Fresnel Lense.
14) Note paper and double ended pencil.
15) Nylon cord.
16) Razor blade.
17) Snare wire.
18) Needle and thread.
19) Fishing kit. (More line, hooks and split shot)
20) Signalling mirror.
21) Waterproof bag.

Silva Compass is worn everyday on my watch strap.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
3bears
Never seen or heard of the Condor pouches (equal in quality and half the cost !).
Pics would be great..

Chris

beaten to the draw by DV! great snaps dude!

3Bears, I looked at the Condor one but couldn't find a supplier that had reasonable P&P to UK. I liked the little fold down insert they have.

I was up at Soldier of Fortune earlier in the week, I picked up a couple there, £7.99 for a black one and £8.99 for an ACU one, they didn't have any tan ones, just the Voodoo Tactical ones, I had to explain to the guys there the difference in quality (fleece lined pouches, flop down electronics case...) they aren't listed on the website, but give them a call, if they ask where they are, they are on the on the wall by the notebooks and shades :cool:

you cant go wrong for that price, say the postage is a fiver, that's still nearly a tenner cheaper than a Maxped' one!

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
They look alright, might have to invest in one (or 2).

The maxp suits my needs for work (architecture, so lots of pens,pencils, markers etc..) and lives in my work bag (a Maxp fatboy)
Miight need to do a pic if I can work it out.

However for more general use, these look good and at a great price.

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
I was at the Soldier of Fortune shop yesterday. I looked at the Condor pouches but wasn't convinced to be honest. In hindsight, maybe it would have been a good idea to pick one up.

I bought Slip in neoprene kneepads for my Blackhawk trousers instead. Hmm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE