Anyone up for a night up the woods this saturday nr Birdlip, Gloucester

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jackal 211

Jan 10, 2010
Gloucester
Hi all, if anyone fancies joining me for an afternoon and evening up my local woods for some bushcraft chatter, grub and please give me a call on 07966417964. A few us went up there several times last year and had a great time. We have full permission so no worries there, although the owner asks me to do a bit of woodland husbandry whilst we're up there. Cheers Steve.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
hi steve
can you keep me in mind for next time please cant make it this time.good luck with the weather.
adrian

Jackal 211

Jan 10, 2010
Gloucester
Anyone wanting to come next time please pm me.

4 of us in the end and we had a great night, even though it was a bit windy. Really enjoyed testing out my new kit (dd tarp, dd frontline hammock, snugpak response pak - grab bag). I had kebabs for supper and made bannock for brekky.

It was great to sit around the fire and chatting when people weren't concentrating on their whittling. I managed to make a batten for cleaving and got half way thru making a large ladel / spoon.

As per usual Lisa was able to create some pink wood!

Next time i think we're on about doing a 1 pot for all for supper and using my dutch oven. Anyone want to join us??

Looking forward to seeing some of the pics. Managed to identify jews ear fungus correctly but stuck on that other one. Will have to post a pic on here and see if anyone can recognise it.

Steve:)

Jackal 211

Jan 10, 2010
Gloucester
Here are my pics
photo4.jpg

Bannock i made sunday morning
photo3.jpg

Any ideas anyone??
photo2.jpg

Jews Ear Fungus
photo1.jpg

Battening tool i made.

Any comments??

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all is that birdlip in gloucester if so i will try to make the next one, looks a really great woods regards dave

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Looks like funguys! Re your fungi looks like it might be honey fungus to me.If it is they are edible : quite nice dried and used as a meat substitute in stews.Not that good for frying up for breakfast as they are a bit tough but worth harvesting the young fruits to take home.The Auriculum (Jews Ear) looks very healthy too.
If you want a laugh checkout Fergus Drennan's site (Fergus the Forager) re mushrooms etc.That man will eat almost anything but is so funny.He was a tutor on Woodsmoke's Autumn Harvester course last October which I attended and can heartily recommend to anyone.
Cheers , Simon

mrmel

Forager
Jun 23, 2008
Gloucester
Great night that was!!!
The bannock was lovely! Especially with a smear of honey!!!!
Great pics as well guys, I like the one of me having a go on Steves hammock (shortly after which I decided I don't want a hammock...... I NEED a hammock)
Can't wait for the next one!!! (Got to get a hammock for then!!!)
Also should be getting my/Lisa's pics up in a day or two

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE