shoulder bag advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
happy new year everyone.
im wanting to get a new shoulder bag at the moment i use a game bag but its a little larger than i need, so im after something just big enough for basics like knife honey stove crusader cup and botttle,monocular.
iv been looking at maxpedition packs both the versipack small and large but from the pics iv seen the look quite bulky.
i prefare the look of the maxpedition active shooter bag.
i was wondering if anyone has any experiance with either or any other suggestions.
thanks ash

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The swedish gas mask bag is a nice wee thing ....

I got mine from here but they can be found for around a tenner in the surplus stores

wideshotedwalking.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I like the Indiana Sahara bags.

indiana_bag__48897_zoom.jpg

I keep a Nato flask, Crusader cup, Whitebox stove, small flask of meths, compass, coffee, food, two snake bags and a collapsable snake hook in it. It's really small and compact and just big enough for all your stuff.

I like the old British gas mask bag too, which is slightly bigger....

norm-43716c72e2cb9-Indiana+Jones+And+The+Raiders+Of+The+Lost+Ark+(1981).jpeg

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
thanks they all look realy good and alot cheaper than maxpacks too,and perfect size, just need to choose one now.
oh and that is a awsome picture shewie im guessing scotland
cheers ash

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
took your advice went and got a newish style british army respirator bag the smaller version,from my local army surpluss. it was a bargain and its perfect for my gear,cant believe how much i can get in there so far my crusader cup and bottle,honey stove firesteel, laplander saw, bushy knife, gransfors pocket hatchet,small piece of para cord,monocular. and theres still room for brew kit and snack.
sorry iv no pics but im a IT idiot
thanks again ash

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Yeah, the newer respirator bags can hold a load of stuff. It's cool that you can attach them to your belt and rucsack too.

Karl2353

Jan 8, 2011
Cumbria
Yeah, I also use the respirator bag and I keep finding more and more space in it, mine contains: whistle, compass, firesteel, lifeboat matches, poncho/tarp, spork, torch, para cord, glow stick, foil blanket, tin opener, first aid kit, hexy stove+tabs, 2 bungees, 1ltr water bottle, small billy can, tin of beans and sausages and wildlife hatchet can be carried attached to the strap. I couldn't rate it higher. And for 10-15 quid its well worth it.

Beardy

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 28, 2010
UK
The older S6 respirator bags (58 patt) came in a sort of butyl nylon material that would keep the wet out far better than canvas, and the first S10 (PLCE) bags were made in olive green lined cordura, which is nice if you want to get away from camouflage, but methinks they would lack the character of the leather affair that has already been suggested.

I have been using a canvas shoulderbag (remake of the 37-patt small pack) and while they do look and feel good and have character, once they get wet they weigh twice as much and everything inside gets soaked too, which is especially bad if you were using it to carry books. It is something of a sponge and as such is going to be relegated to holding winter car kit in the boot of my motor, where the chances of getting rained on are minimal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE