after a edc folder/advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
just ordered a gary mills folder which i cant wait to try and it was a bargain thanks robbie, im still tempted with another one aswell,think iv got the folder bug, i realy like the look of taylors eye witness knives like lynx sugested just not sure wot blade type id prefare if any one has any experiance with then?
cheers ash.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
i quite fancy trying out one with a damascus blade there ment to be realy good, razor sharp and dont tarnish or rust easily.....
ash

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
Hey ,
I suppose it all depends on what your EDC is for . In my everyday life I've come across nothing that a SAK won't handle , although I do carry an extra edc for whittling just so that I've got some pointy points to make it easier . I've no need for a big blade as an edc , If I need a fixed then I'm in a situation where I need one .
Might be an idea to make a list of what you think you might need the knife for ( no need to post it , it's your needs ) and make your choice that way .
Cheers , Trev .

P.S . This is just my opinion but I think the svord peasent style knifes will only be legal until something nasty happens , then they will be classed as fixed .

Last edited:

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
I have a few in rotation but the 2 standouts that I would reccommend to anyone, if you don't have much to spend then one of the Alu SAK's and if spending a bit more is not a problem then the Syderco UKPK. The SAK is faultless for me (I think its the old Soldier model) its tough, solid and reliable, keeps a great edge with the benefits of several other functions............ all for about 22 squids! Its generally the one thats with me

The UKPK (G10 version) is in my opinion the best production single blade slippy, funny things though as you don't really appreciate it until its in your hand!
Its clearly designed for using

I agree on both counts.

I've been carrying a FRN UKPK and it's awesome, definately recommend it. I'd love the G10 version but personally when I bought it I couldn't justify the price.

I also just got a SAK alox Farmer which is very handy. I prefer the UKPK with its' choil for usability, but the SAK has all the tools - it's nice having a mini woodsaw, and the awl rocks too.

Basicly if I'm going outdoorsy at all the SAK will be with me, but tends to live in the car otherwise.

Only one option - CKRT Edgie.

- Legal EDC
- Sheepsfoot blade (not scary looking / won't be tempted to use tip and cut your fingers off)
- Pocket clip
- One hand opening
- Solid / strong build
- Decent size / shaped handle
- Cheap enough to lose and not cry over

Job done!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I do like the british army knife but its sooo heavy, litterally pulls your pants down!
If you do go for one its worth making or buying a belt sheath for it.

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
Viszla, you're practically neighbours with Shing. He makes a cracking folder; not exactly in the budget price range but you get what you pay for!

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
shing whos that mate has he got a site?
just received my gary mills folder which is spot on and a cracking price, so im thinking of replacing my whittling knife now for a twin blader one large one small
thanks ash

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
ye its spot on mate opened it at 5 and id whittled a nice spreading knife by half past, feels good in the hand as well being rounded.
sorry but il not be letting you have this one mate, cheers for the recomendation......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE