The 2011 "Bucket List"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Now that the old year has passed and the new has arrived I have been thinking about what I want to do this year and actually get out and do more. I did have a few things I wanted to do last year but never got round to it. So this year I want to make a big effort and get out there. It also helps now that I know a few of the folks up this way now and hopefully meet the rest in April.

So me thinks I would like to -
- Find a nice place to call a second home in the woods.
- Build some natural shelters and actually stay out in them.
- Conquer the bow drill, still struggling to do get an ember
- maybe attend a short course or 2 in plant/wild food ID or tracking
- Attend my second Bushmoot :) Long drive but worth it
- Attend the second NE Scotland Meet
- Stay out more either in the hammock or try Bivying.
- try making slow gin
- birch tapping and making some wine from it
- oh and maybe get arround to making mead (don't worry British Red I haven't forgotten to get back to you in case you are reading this :eek: I still need to get the equipment)

So what are a few of the things you want to try this year?

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Don't think I've got any bushcrafty New Year's resolutions, but two things I have, well, resolved, to do are:
firstly, go to the cinema/theatre at least once and month; and secondly, learn another language (I've chosen French, since I thought a lot school-days French may come back to me and give me a leg-up).

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
1. i plan to extend my garage/workshop to include a food/water/fuel/equipment store.

not a TEOTWAWKI plan but something ive been planning for a while,..

2. actually finish a Kuksa without it falling in half on me!!
3. upgrade to a Pre charged Air rifle.

resnikov

1/Plan to sleepout in my hammock or biviy bag at least once a month even if its just the garden.
2/Use my permission for the first time, as the other chap who is using it with me didnt get his hammock until Xmas.
3/Learn as much bushcraft as I can

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
My plans are

To buy my first 4 x 4, hopefully an older thing I can put a wee bit work into getting up and running, a wee refurb project
Sell my Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g and buy a Beretta Silver Hawk 20g and Browning Cynergy 12g (Duck Blind Camo)
Get my hut and garden sorted, hopefully this will give me the space to get a Labrador Puppy and start to keep Quails
Put a lean to on the hut to store kindling and harvest water for the next project
Finish my raised bed and grow some veg possibly tomatoes decent garlic as shop bought stuff is crap
Eventually build my Pizza Oven I have a pallet of bricks lying for.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Just a wee side note here, I know wild sloes are out of season, but you can buy dried sloes if you want to expriement for October coming round, that way at least you would know where you are going with the project come sloe time!!! you cant really go wrong, this was my firest year making Sloe Gin and it was well recieved at Christmas and New Years dinner as an apperitif served with Lemonade. Sort of homemade Kir Royal

Will try and make this one of the things I must do by the end of 2011, just got to find some sloes (none nearby as far as I know) and then work out how to make it. :)

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
-Make my knife kit (got for christmas)
-Make some more leather pouches
-Carve my first welsh love spoon in time for valentines day
-Build some seats in my local forest
-Expand this are to a proper natural shelter
-Take some mates and do some over nighters in said shelter
-Rehandle my axe
-Make a Bucksaw

BOD

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE